Chapter 6 | Jenga, Sleeping Beauty, and Spaghetti with Meatballs

(Sugar, Israel's teddy bear)

Annalise's house (view from house, general idea of it anyways):

Annalise's P.O.V.

I sighed and closed the door, watching Chase drive off. I turned around to see Izzi staring at me. I kneel down smiling.

"So. What are we going to play now?"

He thinks for a moment and then says, "JENGA!" I laughed as I watched him run over and get the game.

"Take it easy Izzi, there's no rush they aren't going to disappear anytime soon."

He joins me on the floor sitting cris-cross and we start to play.

~ Bag of potato chips, left over lunch and 24 games later ~

"Alright Izzi. We've now eaten and played more than enough games for today, why don't we call it a night?"

He looked slightly disappointed,"Okay." He said sadly.

"If you hurry up and put your pajamas on I'll read you a story." With that he brightened up and bolted from the room. Seeing him like that gave me hope although I knew I shouldn't let myself feel it, the doctor said he would have energy bursts and then be extremely weak again.

I cleaned up the game and headed to his room. He was struggling with his top and I helped him pull it over his head. Ah, the problems of 7 yr. olds.

We then went to the bathroom across from his room and I helped him brush his teeth.

After that he smuggled into bed and I started to read him his favorite story: Sleeping Beauty. I don't know why, but it's his favorite.

"Once upon a time..."

~ five minutes later ~

"...and they lived happily ever after." I look to see Izzi's eyes closed. I kissed his forehead and gently slipped out of his bed.

I put the book on his small nightstand, and turned off his lamp. I quietly walked out of his room, closing the door behind me.

I made sure the doors were locked and went back to my room.  I grabbed a tank top and pair some leggings heading into the bathroom connected to my room. I placed the clothes on the counter, and turned on the shower.