He reached his pack borders in no time and transformed into his human. When he was nearing the open area he saw a familiar lady approaching from the other side but almost in a battered and bruised condition. Her clothes were torn, her hair were in a disarray while her legs oozed blood which was a sight he thought he would never see.

"Rosaline!" Garrick tried to get the attention of the lady. She was visibly weak and fumbled with every step of hers. Soon her strength gave up on her and she fainted right there.

Garrick ran as fast as he could and immediately linked Einar.

Einar

The panicked voice in his mind made Einar worried Garrick your back so early. Is everything all right?

Yes and No. This reply only made Einar even more anxious. Callan was with Garrick, could it be possible that something had happened to him; something bad!

Garrick its no time for puzzles. A-Are you both alright? The panic in his voice clearly visible.

Who are you talking about?

Callan of course. You were with him right. Einar stated as a matter of fact.

Its not Callan you need to worry about; its Roseline.. Garrick replied annoyingly. How could Einar still think about Callan. He was not a child; he could take care of himself.

What happened to her?  Einar seemed perplexed.

There is no time to explain. I'm bringing her to the pack house. Could you please call healer Odulf there and say it is important.

But wha... Garrick closed his connection and ran straight away to the nearest home to find some help. Luckily for him Marden and Richard had just arrived from their run. Garrick explained the situation to them and both the men helped him get the woman to the Alpha house.

The woman was brought to the guest room where Einar, his parents, Justus, Peter and elder Odulf were already present.

"Place her on the bed carefully." elder Odulf started examining his patient.

"So this is Rosaline.." Zelda said looking at Garrick with a worried expression which reflected the same as her mate.

Garrick nodded at once.

For a long time no one said anything while they were impatiently waiting for the healer to give his verdict.

"She is fine for now. She might have exhausted herself with the travelling and maybe the fighting. I have given her some medications, put on some bandages. Once she awakes tell her to change into her wolf; that will help the healing process to speed up. Her wolf is strong, she will be fine in no time."

"She was supposed to be here last week. I had sent some men to get her here. Clearly there is no sign of any of them." Ragnar expressed his concern.

Einar looked at Garrick with curiosity. "Care to explain what happened to her."

"I don't really know.. When I reached the borders I saw her at a distance, she was weak and barely able to stand. Then she collapsed all of a sudden."

"Wait.. you were with Callan right? Where is he Garrick?" somehow Garrick felt the tone as accusatory and did not liked it. He opened his mouth to reply when Marden broke the conversation.

"Look what I have found with the lady."

He carried a pointed looking sharp metal in front of his audience.

"Its a dart." he said "And there are no points on guessing who they belong to."

Of course it was a known fact that Callan used items like these as weapons for self defence and while in training. "Now I wonder how they landed here.." Marden emoted his fake concern by clicking his chin.