Chapter 23 - Picking Up The Pieces

hahahaha my last chapter was rated r by wattpad because i said a bad word :( like niall's favorite bad word :( his shower of ***** 

so i had to change it. ohh, welll. 

============================================================

MAY’S POV

I looked over at Harry and he shook his head. “I’m not getting involved. This is your problem.”

“My problem?”

How the fuck was this my problem? Did he seriously think that this was all my fault?

Louis turned around to face us. “Her and Zayn broke up. She’s staying at my flat until we figure out where she’s going. And if you don’t mind my input, not like the two of you stubborn asses are going to listen to it, this is both of your problems. It’s also my problem because we could have stopped all of this from happening. Now I’m watching all of my best friends argue over something stupid. I can’t sit here and let it happen.  I need to help fix the problem I caused.”

He got out of the car and walked over to Lily. They hugged for a moment, then Lily realized that we were in the car. She was screaming at Louis, “What the hell are they doing here?”

“Lily, they want to talk things out with you. They want to fix this.”

“I DO NOT want to talk to them. Either of them.”

Louis tilted Lily’s chin up. He was whispering something to her. She looked over at us then looked back at Louis. There was something wrong, I could tell. Lily only made that face when she did something seriously wrong.

“Harry there’s something wrong with Lily.”

He rolled his eyes at me. “Well obviously. I mean she did just break up with her boyfriend who she thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with.”

I nudged him, “No, I mean something other than that. She did something she regrets, something really bad.”

“How can you tell?”

“I read her mind? I’m her best friend. I know when something is wrong.”

I got out of the car and ran over to Lily and Louis. “Lily, what’s wrong?”

She moved toward me, her phone in her hand. “What, now you care about me all of a sudden?”

“Lily, you know that I care about you. I over reacted. I blamed Zayn because he was going to purposely hurt you. “

She moved her phone closer to me. Was she on the phone with someone? I focused on the screen. It was Zayn. He was also crying. “Are you on the ohone with Zayn?”

“Yes.” She took a deep breath. “He called me as soon as he realized I was still here. He’s crying. And every few minutes he says “Babe, please. I’m sorry.” Or “Liliana, I’m begging you, take me back.” I can’t do it May. I can’t just forgive him. He went too far.”

“What happened?” Louis was walking over to Harry.  He refused to get  out of the car.

“We got into an argument on the way here. I asked him if I had had sex with him right away would he have dumped me and he just stared at the ground. He wouldn’t answer me. So I was yelling at him and Louis pulled into the driveway and he got out  of the car. He shut the door in my face and walked into his flat. Then I freaked like psychotic bitch because he still didn’t answer me. Finally he told me and the way he said it killed me. I ran out here before Louis could leave and told him I can’t stay with Zayn. I need to get out of here. I can’t stay with him. I can’t do it…”