Chapter 42 - It's Never Too Late To Apologize

Wow! It's been like two weeks since I've posted. :( sorry. I've been super busy with fencing and school! It's okay though. In about two weeks I will once again have no life, so i will post more often :)

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZAYN'S POV 

"I'm leaving the band." The words sank into my heart like a dagger.

"Zayn, no please don't. I'm sorry for what I said. I take it back. I'm not right. I'm crazy right now. I love you mate." Niall began to cry.

"I don't want to hear it Niall. You're the last person I will listen to at this point." I grunted.

Harry moved curls from his face. "Are you sure mate? I mean I know the girls have been getting a lot of crap from fans, but is it really that bad?"

"It wasn't from the fans. It was from Niall. He's leaving because of Niall." Lily whimpered.

She squeezed my hand harder as Liam walked over to us. "There's no One Direction unless you're in the band."

I shook my head, trying to prevent the tears from falling. "I can't do this anymore guys. I have to chose between my child and my career. Niall said things that I can never forgive him for. So I'm choosing the baby. I'm not going to let it be born into a broken family. I refuse to have that kid that has an asshole dad who left it before it was born. I don't want my daughter to hate me."

"You're having a girl?" Niall croaked.

Lily nodded her head. "Yes."

We stood in silence for what felt like hours. Paul put his arm around my shoulder. "Zayn. I'd like to talk to you alone in the other room. Lily, think you can stay in here for a few minutes?"

"I guess so." She whispered.

"I'll be right back." I kissed her forehead before she unwillingly let go of my hand.

LILY'S POV

I stood in the middle of the room twiddling my thumbs. The members of One Direction all reacting differently to Zayn's statement. Louis and Harry were glum. They sat with their heads hanging low and were both texting someone. Liam was pacing back and forth. Probably worried about what was next for the world famous boy band. And then there was Niall. He was sitting in his seat crying like a small child that dropped its ice cream on the ground.

His sobs were irritating me. "Why the hell are you crying?" I asked.

He looked up at me. "Because. I ruined the best thing in all of our lives and I've lost my best friend."

"And?"

"What do you mean and?"

"And that's why you're crying? Because Zayn's leaving the band? Not because you hurt my feelings or because you broke Zayn's trust or messed with our relationship?" I asked rather loudly, letting all of my anger out on him.

Niall shook his head. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm a wreck right now. Liz broke my heart..."

"That's no excuse for what you said to me." I cut him off.

All eyes were on the two of us as Paul and Zayn walked back into the room.

"I didn't mean it Lily. I swear."

"But you said it Niall. You said I'm a whore and May isn't even though we are in the same damn situation." Zayn went to take my hand but I pulled away from him. "You also said my daughter, the little girl that was going to be your god daughter, is a bastard child."