Chapter 44 - Facing Our Fears

LILY'S POV

We all gathered in the living room to talk over some things as I made coffee an tea for everyone. As I sat down with my tea May's mom cleared her throat. "So what are you guys doing for thanksgiving?"

"What's thanksgiving?" Zayn asked as he shoved a piece of gum in his mouth.

"Thanksgiving is an American holiday we were all gather and say what we're thankful for like the pilgrims did when they got to America. We eat a crap ton of food and watch football." I explained.

"Oh, well since you brought it up, why don't we all go to America to celebrate it? I mean you've got to celebrate an American holiday in its own country right?" He smirks at me, knowing I didn't like the idea of going back.

Mrs. Robinson clapped her hands together. "Yay. Okay so you'll come and you can all stay in the house. Niall do you want to come too?"

Niall turned his head towards Harry and Zayn as if he was asking for approval and they both nodded their heads. "Food and football? Count me in!"

"It's American football honey." She laughed at him.

"Oh."

"So you'll all come the day before and spend the weekend?"

"It sounds perfect mom." May smiled. "We should probably get going. Lily and I have prison tomorrow."

I laughed as her dad spit out his coffee. "What?"

"They have school tomorrow stupid." Mrs. Robinson smacked her husband in the back of the head.

"Oh, I get it now."

We said our goodbyes and I ran upstairs to take a shower. I turned the hot water on as I stepped inside the tub and let the water fall onto my back. I stood there for a good ten minutes crying before Zayn knocked on the door.

"Lily? What's going on in there?"

"Nothing. I'm fine." I lied. I could tell he knew that I was lying because he opened the door and came into the bathroom.

"Babe, please tell me what's wrong."

"Why am I such a terrible liar?" I grunted as I turned the water off and grabbed my towel.

He chuckled at me. "I guess you never learned that from your sister."

"Not funny."

"Is that why you're upset? Because you don't want to go home? Lily it won't be that bad. We're staying at May's, Niall will be with us. They can't hurt you." He rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand.

I pulled away from him. "You know my family Zayn. You know that they will find out where I am and they will make my life a living hell."

"They haven't bothered you since Marina died!" He shouted.

"That doesn't mean they won't bother me if I go home! And don't yell at me! You don't know what it's like to fear your family. To live every minute of your life scared that your psychotic mother is going to try and take your baby from you just like she tried to take away you."

I ran into our bedroom crying. I threw my pajamas on and quickly brushed my hair before braiding it. Zayn came in from the bathroom. He changed into his boxers and laid in bed next to me. He kissed my hand and wiped away my tears.

"I'm sorry babe. I didn't know you felt that way. We don't have to go if you don't want to. We can ask Mrs. Robinson to celebrate thanksgiving here." He hopefully gestured.

I shook my head. "No. Mays whole family will be there. We have to go. I'll just have to grin an bear it. I'll be fine. Besides, we are going there in December anyway. It will prepare me."