Chapter 16 - An Unexpected Question

Hi guys! Sorry is this chapter is a little short. (I feel like I say that everytime I post a chapter). It’s based off of Nicki Minaj’s “Marilyn Monroe.”

If you haven’t hurt this song I suggest you listen to it. It’s an amazing song, probably one of Nicki’s best. Well, I hope you enjoy this chapter. It’s a bit emotional, so you might want to grab the tissues.

LIAM’S POV

Three days and three painful concerts later, we are on the plane back to London. Every concert was dedicated to Danielle. Our opening act, Big Time Rush, asked the audience for a moment of silence in honor of Danielle each night, and each night when they asked the audience to be quiet, I cried. I tried my best to hide it, but the guys would notice. Then they would all hug me and tell me it was going to be okay. Last night, I cried the most. I realized that we were flying to London to go to my girlfriend’s funeral. The girl I thought I was going to marry.

Zayn keeps telling me that this is “the roller coaster that is life.” Every time he tells me that, I get more and more angry. I don’t want to hear that life is a roller coaster, or that everything will be okay. I want to hear Danielle’s voice and hold her in my arms. I want to tell her “I love you” one last time.

Someone was shaking my arm, “Liam?”

I was pretending to be asleep, but May just kept shaking me. “What?”

She sat down next to me, “Well all the guys are asleep and I saw that you were awake, so I was wondering if you wanted some company?”

“Yeah. Sure.”

“So how are you?”

I gave her a dirty look, but then apologized. “I’m sorry, I just… I don’t know.”

“Liam, I’m here if you need to talk.”

I couldn’t even get the words out, the tears began falling. May looked at me like she didn’t know what to do. “Liam, do you want to talk about it?”

“It’s not fair.”

“I know. I know it’s not fair, but sometimes things happen.”

“Why did it have to happen to me?”

“I honestly don’t know what to say to you. I could be optimistic and say everything will be alright, but I refuse to lie to you. Yeah, things will get better, but not right away. You and Danielle had a love that is hard to find. I used to tell people I wanted a relationship like yours. I wanted to be so in love nothing in the world could prevent us from being together. And it all disappeared like that. Poof! Gone in an instant. And that’s just how your story is.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, everything happens for a reason.  There’s a reason Danielle was taken from your life. You just have to figure that reason out and use it to your advantage.”

She got out of the seat, and walked away.

I stood up, trying not to scream and wake everyone up, “Where are you going?”

MAY’S POV

“Where are you going?” Liam asked me.

I quickly ran back to my seat and took my guitar out of the case. When I got back to Liam, he had wiped all of the tears from his face. There in the seat sat a broken hearted boy, with blood shot eyes. It killed me to see Liam like this. It would kill me to see any of the boys like this, but I felt so sorry for Liam. He truly loved Danielle.

Swinging the guitar strap around my arm, I began to tune the strings. Liam looked at me, confused. “What are you doing?”

“Tuning my guitar, duh!”

“Where did you get that guitar from?”

“A music shop near where I live. Why?”

He shook his head at me, “It looks exactly like the one Danielle bought me.”

I didn’t know Liam could play guitar. “You play guitar?”

“No, not yet. Danielle bought me one so I could learn how to play.”

“Oh, that’s cool. I guess our guitars are sisters then?”

“I guess so. Well, my guitar is a boy, so that would make them brother and sister. What’s her name?”

“Her name is Belle. I play whenever I’m in a bad mood, or I just feel like playing music.”

“Mine is named Jaxon. Have you written any songs?”

“Yeah, but the only person who has heard it is Lily. She really liked it, but she has to tell me she likes it. She’s my best friend. “

“Can I hear it?”

“Sure.”

I began to strum my guitar, when I heard footsteps. I ignored them and continued playing. “I can be selfish, yeah so impatient, sometimes I feel like Marilyn Monroe. I’m insecure, yeah I make mistakes, sometimes I feel like I’m at the end of the road. I can get low, I can get low, don’t know which way is up. Yeah, I can get high; I can get high like I could never come down. Call it a curse or just call me blessed. If you can’t handle my worst, you ain’t getting my best. Is this how Marilyn Monroe felt felt felt felt? Must be how Marilyn Monroe felt felt felt felt.

It’s like all the good things, they fall apart like, Mariyln Monroe. Truth is we mess up till we get it right. I don’t wanna end up losing my soul. I can get low, I can get low, don’t know which way is up. Yeah, I can get high; I can get high like I could never come down. Call it a curse or just call me blessed. If you can’t handle my worst, you ain’t getting my best. Is this how Marilyn Monroe felt? Must be how Marilyn Monroe felt. ”

“Wow.” Niall said, looking at me from the end of the aisle.

“That was deep May. Where’d you come up with that?” Zayn asked, Lily attached to him at the hip.

“well, I was dating this guy, and he told m I was ugly one day when I went to school in sweatpants, with my hair up in a bun, and no make up on. It was the day after Lily had first gotten thrown out and I hadn’t gotten a lot of sleep. Then I broke up with him and I went home and I wrote this song.”

Harry walked over to me and gave me a hug, “Can we higher her as a songwriter?”

“It wasn’t that god guys….” I said , blushing.

I looked over at Liam, he was crying. “Liam, please don’t cry.”

“Can you sing at Danielle’s funeral?”