CHAPTER 30

_Tom called…They’ve found their bodies dumped a few meters from the house burnt beyond recognition._

Keith’s words cuts deep inside me inflicting the kind of pain that I felt when I lost Bella and mom.

The kind of anguish that no one in this cruel world should have to go through. I wouldn’t wish such even on my worst enemy and it’s quite sad that it has happened to me, twice.

It’s not even fair but again…the odds are always against me.

Always.

How can the world be so fucking brutal? What did I ever do to deserve this?

I am not exactly an angel, I have done lots of unforgivable things. I have killed, but c’mon the girl really deserved it and I still think that everybody deserves a second chance.

I am no longer that girl who used to hurt people without reasoning in the head and I shouldn’t be suffering for things I did three years ago. But I know whoever this is won’t stop until he hurts me and everyone that I love, he is hell bent on breaking me apart and it is working.

I should shout, I should scream or yell, I should shed tears even if it’s a single drop, I should cry the pain out but I don’t. I am just dangerously calm.

I just want to do anything…something that could take the immense pain away, but what could possibly take the pain of losing your entire family for the second time?

A family reunion, right?

I curse Keith internally for the umpteenth time today, he didn’t have the right to take that chance away from me. He should have let me bleed to death and I would be with my family right now, it would have been a blissful death.

I glance at nick who just walks towards me and sits next to me taking me in his arms, I brush my eyes towards Keith who looks rather subtle and then there is Jake who’s standing next to him and I can literally see the sympathy on his sad face.

I trail my eyes at Lucas and our eyes lock, they hold for a fleeting sec and i catch a glimpse of the emotion that’s masking his eyes…a mixture of pain and frustration.

I look away but I can still feel his eyes on me like a spotlight, I think he is calculating my next move.

I know they are kinda expecting me to become aggressive, tug at my hair, break staffs or maybe snap Lucas’ neck but Instead, I just lean on Nick without saying a word and he curls his arms around me.

“Are you okay, Belle?” he asks me tightening his grip on me but I don’t answer him.

Should I be okay? _Someone fucking tell me, should I? I just lost my entire family, for the second time. _ He’s got some nerve to ask me that.

_Honestly how do I really feel?_

Utterly angry at everyone…everybody…everything, I’m pissed. I just want to break something…someone so fucking bad…I just want to explode.

My head is whirlwind of thoughts and a million emotions are surging through me; rage, pain, frustration and a hell lots of things.

“Belle,” Lucas calls me and I lazily drag my head to look at him. He takes my left hand in his and I let him, his eyes linger on the bandage on my wrist before holding my gaze.

“You will get through this and I am here for you. We all are.”
The way he says he’s here for me, the way he is looking at me makes me feel like he could swap positions with me right now and take the pain instead.

Like he could do anything humanly possible to make everything okay for me and no matter how much I hate to admit this, I too have seen it in his eyes.