CHAPTER 3

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I ask sneering at him as I step inside the office elegant office.

“Mind your language, Belle.” Liz tells me and I roll my eyes at her.

“You?” I ask with a head shake. Of all the people that would have wanted to talk to me it had to be him?

“Yes, it is me, Belle. Please have a seat.” He is even capable of being courteous?

Please? Are we friends now?

He ushers us to the visitor’s seat and Liz proceeds to sit down. He gestures me to take a sit and I shake my head. He is so composed in a very suspicious manner and so chummy you would think we were best friends three years ago.

He is swinging slowly in his comfy chair looking up at me probably waiting for me to sit down but I just stand there glaring at him with a grimace. If looks could kill he would be long dead by now.

“You’ve met him before?” she questions trailing her eyes from him to me and she cocks a prodding eyebrow at me.

“Unfortunately yes, I had the pleasure of meeting this fiend three years ago.” Liz blows some air out trying to conceal her disappointment.

“Belle?” He gives me the ‘did you just call me a fiend?’ look and I roll my eyes at him.

Like he didn’t know he is a devil.

“Manners much?” I know Liz is very disappointed in me right now but no way in hell will I just sit here looking at him like nothing happened three years ago. She turns to him with a ‘sorry for her behavior’ smile and I snort.

“He is even lucky that I am haven’t snapped his neck yet,” I tell Liz and she shakes her head in disbelief.

“I am sorry sir, I will fix this.” She says standing up.

“Give me a minute with her please.” He tells her and she looks from him to me skeptically.

“Are you sure it is okay?” he nods and she turns to me. “Are you okay, Belle.”

“I am peachy.” I say crossing my hands on my chest.

“Tread carefully, Belle. This man can change your life in a snap of a finger.” She whispers to me before walking out leaving me alone with him.

He is so heartless.

“You have greatly improved. I was expecting hell to break loose, but I must admit the place is really working for you.” He says giving me a once over.

“I take that as a compliment.” I say forcing a sarcastic smirk at him.

“And this is the part where you’re supposed to say thank you.” he either didn’t get the sarcasm or he chose to be oblivious to my sarcasm.

“I don’t need it especially when it comes from a person like you.” I loathe him and nothing will ever change that.

“Too bad but I really mean it, I love this new Belle more. If only you could do away with the snarkiness…but I guess that’s who you really are.” He is a snarky jerk too.

“I assume you didn’t call me here to shower me with unnecessary comments.” We stay silent for almost a minute. “What do you really want, Governor Richard?”

“I actually called you to say congratulations, that was a great talk.” I laugh despite myself. “You’ve really reformed.” He observes.

I had a lot of things to say to him years ago but right now, I got nothing to tell him. That doesn’t mean I will let everything he did to me go unpunished. I will get my revenge one day in a legit way, that’s, if I will ever step free out of the rehab.