CHAPTER 10

“Oh, two hot dudes walking in a club? Which one got your attention? They are both cute, right?” Keith asks me giggling and I snap back from my reverie. I was kinda hoping that all this, the Lucas and Jake walking in thing is not real but trust Keith to even make fun out of it.

I have been staring at Jake and his asshole of a friend for a moment too long, hoping and praying that they won’t see me. My aim is to talk Keith and Nick out of this goddamned club before Jake and Lucas notices me, and it won’t take long and that’s the last thing I want right now. I can’t deal with Lucas, at least not today.

I have been through enough shit today already, like going back to a totally empty house and I am afraid that’s all I can take in a day.

“Dammit!” I mutter between my clenched teeth before emptying the remaining wine in one huge gulp and Nick gasps.

I know he won’t think twice before dragging us out when I tell him that Lucas is somewhere inside this club with my ex best friend.

Yes ex-best friend. I have no plans of being friends with Jake again or anyone who is friends with Lucas for that matter. Lucas and I shouldn’t have a mutual friend.

I really love Jake, so much and there is nothing I would want more than catching up over a few glasses of wine, he probably has a hell lot of information that could help me trace my family but I would rather not talk to him especially not when he is with Lucas. 

“Lucas is cuter than his friend so I bet you already have a crush on him, he has the highest odd of taking you home with him tonight.” That is Keith. I am not surprised that he knows his name, Lucas is somehow famous. He is the brand ambassador for a well known company in case you forgot but I am hoping against hope that Keith is not friends with Lucas too.

You know what’s even infuriating? The fact that he is nearly right only that the word crush can’t describe what I feel for Lucas, it is crazy that my heart still beat at the sight of him and that alone makes me want to snap my neck.

“You know him?” Why am I even asking that? He is somewhat a celebrity.

“Lucas and Jake? Yeah, they are the mutual friends I was talking about.” He quickly tells me.

“You’ve got to be shitting me!” I hiss and guess what Keith does next.

He calls them over to our table just when they were about to sit down two tables away from us and I quickly wear the hood lowering it just near the nose bridge and I can only peep at them.

Fucking incredible!

“Lucas. Over here.” you should see the smile on his face. I am not surprised that they know each other, I am just…shocked.

“Keith. Argh!

I exhale sharply when Jake and Lucas turns back to look at Keith their eyes trailing to our table but they don’t seem to notice me with the hood on.

They haven’t changed much from the last time I saw them.

“Keith?” Lucas calls out his name with an actual grin on his face and that confirms my fears. He rarely grins, or rather he barely did that when I knew him three years ago. The two must be friends. 

“Let’s get out of here. I can’t stand Lucas.” I tell Nick and Keith just as the other two starts walking to our table and I practically crawl under the table wishing that I could become invisible.

“Wait, is he the governor’s son?” Nick asks me in a whisper.

“Yes he is.” Keith and I answer in unison only that I whisper but he says it loud. I guess Keith knows Lucas on a personal level.