Episode 46 Don't Ever Go

The Sailor and the Mermaid

The drawing that Can sketched of the sailor and the mermaid for the sailing club campaign was actually an illustration of the longing Can and Sanem each felt for one another.

When Sanem shared her idea with Can for the slogan —about a sailor and a mermaid falling in love and how the mermaid had emerged from her world because she longed to be with the sailor—she was also revealing a hidden message that Can certainly und...

When Sanem shared her idea with Can for the slogan —about a sailor and a mermaid falling in love and how the mermaid had emerged from her world because she longed to be with the sailor—she was also revealing a hidden message that Can certainly understood...because when Sanem tells him stories, it's not without a hidden meaning.

For the last year Can has been sailing across the seas, wandering without a real destination in mind, trying to escape from his sadness. At the same time Sanem escaped to another world to cope. In a way, she too was lost, in a metaphorical sea, drowning in her sorrows, confiding in her friend Deniz, (whose name means "sea" in Turkish), sending secret messages in a bottle every night into it...You could argue that she even became a part of it, almost like a mythical sea creature...a mermaid. And a mermaid doesn't just come out of the water for any reason. It lives and breathes in the sea. To come out of the water and breathe air would be for a purpose. But if it's the only way to be in the same world with the man that she so desires and longs for, she would do it. Can was listening intently to Sanem because she wasn't only referring to the mermaid in the advertising campaign...She was talking about herself...and that she was now ready to take that brave step out of her dream-like world to be with him. When she suggested to Can for him to draw the sailor and mermaid closer to each other, she was signalling to him that they should also become closer.

And so, through the course of that day, they would each send signals to the other letting them know that they indeed wanted to be closer, even making slight adjustments in their appearance and character to please what they mistakenly thought the other one wanted. Their longing for each other would bring them so close that they could share a romantic dance, and even sleep next to each other in her childhood bed.  Reuniting was very close.

But before giving into their burning intimate desires, they needed to deal with the underlying trust issues once and for all

But before giving into their burning intimate desires, they needed to deal with the underlying trust issues once and for all. The opportunity finally presented itself to them, like a déjà vous, when the truth was finally unveiled about Yigit and a similar scenario that they had encountered in the past appeared before them. But by this time, fortunately both Can and Sanem had learned their lessons and they reacted differently. This time, after putting Yigit in his place, Sanem would run after Can immediately to comfort him and reassure him that her loyalties and trust would always lie with him. And Can would stop himself from running away and tell her that he would always be wherever she would be and that her happiness was his happiness. At that moment Sanem knew in her heart that Can was being truthful and honest and that he had truly grown into the man that she could  now trust to be there for her...that he truly wanted in every way to be her man...her Can. She could no longer hold herself back and finally gave in to her innermost desire...and kissed him. It was a kiss that would finally break the silence and open their hearts completely...a kiss that would relieve the agony of their constant yearning for each other and heal their suffering...A kiss that said, "I forgive you, and let's start over again".

It was a kiss that would finally bring the magic back into their Love.

...The mermaid was finally able to give up her life in the sea and become human so that she could be with her prince, her one true love. Finally the tail that was trapping her in the sea for so long disappeared, and was replaced by the beautiful long legs that she had always wished for...

Canem Forever ❤️❤️