Episode 5 Scene: Blindfold Love Game: Feeling our way through the Darkness

Sanem was a little apprehensive about participating in this next team-bonding activity at the company retreat especially since Can wasn't even interested in participating. She had no idea of the conflicting feelings this one particular event would bring about in her. But as the blindfold game progressed she began to relax and enjoy the game with her colleagues as she had very little difficulty in recognizing them. She had a knack for remembering fine details which made the game very easy for her. She was almost done guessing everyone on her team. There was only one more contestant left to guess before she could finally escape from all the attention. She took one step forward and reached her arm out in front of her to feel around for her last victim.

As she came closer to him, even before touching him, she already sensed who it was. She secretly rejoiced in that he decided to play in the game after all. Suddenly she wanted to take her time with this last guess. She slid one hand behind his strong muscular torso to get her bearings and then laid her other hand onto his shoulder, and when she did, it confirmed her feeling of who he was and she decided she would extend this moment for as long as she could.

She moved in even closer to him and set her hands onto either side of his face and felt his warm soft beard under her fingertips...And then, ever so delicately she let her hands reach out to explore the rest of his face, to take him all in, using every one of her senses... to touch every inch of his beautiful face... to hear his every breath...to listen to the thud of his heart...to smell his alluring scent...to feel the warmth of his skin...to taste the sweetness of his essence...She didn't need to see him to know him, and to feel his love...it was Can Bey.

She had been in a similar situation not too long ago. Only back then, there was no blindfold, just darkness in the balcony of an auditorium when she was feeling her way to her seat when suddenly she found herself in the arms of a mysterious man...who startled her with a kiss...a captivating kiss that began ever so delicately but then grew more and more intense and passionate with every passing moment...a kiss that she got lost in and would stay...for eternity. It was like a dream.

And now, this present moment felt like a déjà vous...as if she was back in that dream. Only back then, everything happened so quickly and she didn't get a chance to savour the moment...to savour his intimacy...to savour him...This time, she wasn't going to run away from her dream. She was going to take her time and explore this man... a real-life prince charming, and dream for just a moment, that she was back in that auditorium and this was her albatross...even if it was for just a few moments.

She closely inspected his face, so closely that their breaths mingled.  He too had a beard...a well-kept full beard just like the one that tickled her face that night, but now she could fondle it with her fingers. She was curious of his eyes, and felt his eyelashes on her hands as they passed over them. They were closed, just as they certainly would have been that night when her albatross kissed her. She glided her hands over his ears and then felt the smoothness of his hair that had been lightly pulled back. Her fingers caressed his warm cheeks...and then gently stroked his mustache barely touching his lips...like those enchanting lips that had kissed hers so sweetly that night it made her entire body tingle...lips that were teasing her now to lean in and kiss.  She felt the warmth radiate from his body perhaps resulting from the pleasure he was receiving from this intimate interaction....She was memorizing him, with every touch, and wanted so much for this man to be her albatross, her dream man, because he was perfect in so many ways...

But then she suddenly remembered where she was and that this man couldn't and shouldn't be, for so many reasons, and not just because he wasn't wearing the same clothes that night that she remembered seeing him in. He couldn't be her albatross because he was already committed to someone else and she had too much respect for Love that she would not stand for such disloyalty.  And even more importantly, he couldn't and shouldn't be because she had lied and deceived him and that she would never be able to show him her true self. And for that she felt that she didn't deserve to be with him... He could never be her Prince Charming and knowing that, hurt and angered her more than anything else.

And so, even though she knew very well who this man standing before her was, she couldn't admit knowing him because she really didn't 'know' him and he really didn't 'know' her.  She  then gave up her hands and announced, "I don't know", figuring it would stop him from wanting her, to forget her because he was making her fall deeper in love with him.

But when she took off the blindfold, she saw the soul in his eyes and knew in a moment that they both wanted the same thing but were lost in how to get there...blinded to the paths yet still trying to see. It made her feel more upset and disappointed with herself that she found herself running away again to be alone with her conflicting thoughts. Although her blindfold had been lifted, Can's was not, and he had yet to discover who she really was.... but it was only a matter of time.

And yet, even after taking off her metaphorical blindfold, she realized the harsh reality of her circumstances...it didn't matter that Can had a girlfriend or that she had betrayed him. The fact remained that despite all her efforts not to, she had fallen deeply in love with a man who she could never have and realized that her dream of a real-life fairytale would remain just that...only a dream.

But what she underestimated was how much more love she would have for him as a result of these circumstances and that it would take feeling through the darkness to finally see the light...that the real life fairy tale love story would eventually become far more real than she could have ever have dreamed.

Canem Forever ❤️❤️