Episode 44 I missed you so much: Journey to everlasting love

Can and Sanem's journey to attain everlasting love

Imagine being out at sea for days, maybe months on end. It's only you, the sea and your vessel. You may think you have control over your vessel and a sense where you're heading as you ride the waves, but really you only have limited control because both you and your vessel are vulnerable to the unpredictable and volatile nature of the sea and the wind. Sometimes the sea is really rough with lots of high waves and strong winds and sometimes it is mild and calm. It is only when you have learned when to steer and when to just let go and allow your boat to take control that you can feel free and enjoy the ride. Consequently it is having faith in your vessel that will help guide you through the waves effortlessly regardless of the weather.

Such can also be said about the journey to attain everlasting love. Something that Can and Sanem are still learning how to do but are indeed getting closer and closer.

When fate brought Sanem to his boat that day just as he was set to sail, Can seized the opportunity to keep her from escaping so that they could finally talk, make amends and bury the hatchet. Although he let her think that he was leaving and holding her captive, Can could finally open up his heart to her and convey how much she still meant to him. He did this in several ways. He gave her a gift of an albatross hair-clip identical to the one he wore that he obtained through his travels, which deeply touched her. He told her by wearing it, that it would always hold a cherished memory, implying that he still wanted to be near her. Later, he told her in order to satisfy her hunger they would need to catch some fish which perhaps would represent their connection to the sea and how greatly it helped them both deal with their heartbreak on an emotional level. After all, their first sweet moments together were at the sea. And now, after making amends, it would replenish their relationship with hope. Afterwards they were able to share a moment drinking tea together, which was made by Sanem's own hands...the first one in an entire year since they parted, representing a truce and also how much they missed each other. And then he was able to tell her that while he was away he thought of her constantly, everyday. He could finally convey his feelings to her, metaphorically of course, while describing how much he loved his boat. "First I tried to understand it, then I tried to control it, then I struggled with it, then I fought with it, but nothing worked. So I completely surrendered myself to it." He finally understood that Sanem was his vessel that he absolutely needed to go through life, but he also realized that he needed to accept her and have faith in her just the way she was in order to have a fulfilling life with her.

After their short boat trip, and Can's real reason for taking the trip was out, they could both finally put their past behind them and could now move forward. Although they were still not together, they were indeed much happier and even more hopeful, which is of the utmost importance. Reconciliation was definitely on the horizon. But before this could happen, they needed to show that they could trust each other again.

When Sanem's business was being threatened, she allowed Can to protect her, on so many levels. He called and arranged with Metin to deal with the licensing issue. He protected her physically when the thugs came and threatened to harm her. And when Sanem needed money to fund her business Can generously offered the proceeds he received for selling his boat to help her. Perhaps he wanted to show her that he truly believed in her...or to show her that he wanted to provide for her...or that he wanted her scent to belong to him again. Regadless of the reason, he wanted to be a part of her life again. And she knew it. She felt she could trust him again. Although Sanem was not in as much of a vulnerable situation as she was back when Fabri was trying to buy her perfume, she still needed Can's support. And what better way to get close to him than to offer a partnership with him. This way she can have him still be a part of her life. Can could hardly let her finish her sentence before jumping at the chance to be a part of her life again, so he quickly accepted her offer. Partnership wasn't reconciliation but it did mean one step closer to getting back to becoming the lovers they were destined to be.

And the sooner, the better...they miss each other so much!

Canem Forever ❤️❤️