If I'm The Babysitter... Can I Kiss The Daddy? Chapter 10

I awoke the next morning to the sound of loud snoring  next to me. What the? I sat up and my head spun. Woahhh, I lay back down and turned my head to see Max’s sleeping face next to me. How the hell did he get there? How the hell did we both get here? I thought back to last night... the wine...the kissing...then what? Well obviously we’ve ended up here in... JACK’S BED??!! OMGG!!!!!!

I jumped up, ignoring my head’s painful pounding protest as I jumped over a snoring Max and ran to the bathroom. I splashed cold water on my face and tried to remember what had happened the night before but nothing came.

Oh no, please tell me I didn’t have sex with Max. I mean he’s a great guy and all and we did kiss but... I’m not sure I’m ready yet to go that far with him. I’m not even sure if we’re officially an item or whatever now. Something that felt suspiciously like guilt drowned my heart for a second. If Max and I had indeed done the dirty, I felt a little bit bad that it had to happen in Jack’s bed. Forget little bit- I felt awful.

I ran back to Jack’s bedroom and tried waking Max but he wouldn’t even stir. How about a more elaborate wake-up? I climbed back in the bed and gathered up some courage before kissing him on the cheek slowly, moving back to see his reaction which was once again nothing. *sigh*  A presence in the doorway made me look up. I gasped. Jack.

“What the fuck is going on?” Jack whispered more to himself than me.

“Jack it’s not what it-” I began.

“Save it,” he snapped, striding over to Max.

Suddenly, Jack punched Max straight in the face as he slept. Max groaned and rolled off the bed, landing on the marble floor with a bang.

“What the-” He mumbled as he tried to get up but Jack kicked him where it hurts a man. Ouch. Then Jack grabbed Max by the neck and held him against the red wall.

“I told you I’d break your fucking legs if you touched her and it looks like you’ve just given me that opportunity to do so,” Jack hissed at Max while Max struggled to breathe. My eyes were beginning to water as I realised I was going to witness a severe beating.

“Jack...please... be reasonable... I didn’t even have sex with her- look she’s still got her pyjamas on!” Max puffed. Jack whipped his head round to survey me and let go of Max’s neck causing him to once again crash to the floor wheezing  and came up to me grabbing my neck roughly.

“You liar, look at her neck and this bloody great big hickey!” Jack pushed me away from him, disgustedly, like I repulsed him. But I was quite glad to be at a distance from Jack because even though he was sort of calming down, he still scared me. Wait, Max had given me a hickey? I didn’t know if I should feel pissed off or over the moon. But I felt pissed off.

“So we had a kiss...or two? Or maybe three but I can’t really remember as I was too into the moment to be honest...” Max winked at me. Seriously. The dude just winked at me in a situation like this. I’d always thought his sense of humour towards Jack was great but right now he was acting like Jack wouldn’t happily break every single bone in his body.

Max’s daring comment clearly irritated Jack even further as he went over to attack him again but I grabbed his hand.

“NO! Please, Jack, don’t hurt him. Leave him alone,” I pleaded with Jack, stepping in front of him and pushing him back by his chest.

Jack stared down at me like I was mad, his eyes raw with reigned-in anger and pain. He gently took my hands from his chest and walked away.

“I’ll call Liam and have him drop you home. I won’t be requiring your babysitting services any more, Chloe. Goodbye.” Jack murmured.