If I'm The Babysitter...Can I Kiss The Daddy? Chapter 5

After about ten minutes of inhaling the musky "Jack-ness" of Jack's clothes I decided it was time to put them on. Then, I came down the staircase following the sound of Henri's voice and walked into a wide, open-plan, modern kitchen in which Henri was babbling to Jack who was...cooking? I was shocked, didn't he have a cook? He was now dressed in a crisp white shirt which was untucked and a black pair of expensive-looking trousers. He did look insanely gorgeous with his messy bedhead and morning pout...

"Oui, Henri, oui!" Jack said breathlessly as he tried to keep an eye on what was frying, pour a glass of milk and cut an apple at the same time. I sighed. He was hopeless. I smacked his hands away from the stove and told him to leave it to me. He stared at me with an odd expression on his face, before throwing Henri over his shoulders and running out with him, screaming like a girl. Men, they never did grow up.

I finished preparing a fry-up breakfast and put it one portion on a small plate and a larger portion on a bigger plate, added some knives and forks and then went to find Jack and Henri.

I found them in the playroom, wrestling.

"Henri, breakfast is ready," I gave the plate to Henri.

"Yum! Merci, Chloe," he said, plopping down on the beanbag and attacking his food.

"Jack," I turned to Jack and saw him sitting on the floor, gazing up at me eagerly. I handed him his plate and then lay down on a big cushion next to him with my hands behind my head.

"Where's yours, Chloe?" He asked.

"I don't feel up to eating," I replied. It was true, Jack made me feel so nervous and on-edge all the time that I totally could not trust myself not to end up throwing the food in his stupidly handsome face.

Jack went silent for awhile and the only sounds that were heard were those of cutlery scraping and chewing from Henri and Jack. I felt something brush my lips and looked at Jack to see him trying to hold his laughter in as he prodded my lips with a slice of sausage on the end of his fork. I pushed the fork away from me and he laughed and put it into his mouth instead. He was so weird and disgusting.

"Soooo... aren't you going to say thanks for the breakfast?" I asked Jack when he'd finished practically licking his plate clean and we were in the kitchen, putting the plates into the dishwasher.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, acting all innocent.

"Well, your son seems to know his manners so I'm just wondering where he got them from. Because it's obviously not you. Hmmm maybe it's his mother's side."

That must have struck a nerve. Jack's features suddenly darkened and his eyes went hard, almost metallic-like as he turned to face me head on. I could have sworn he growled too! I took a few steps back from him but he only stepped towards me again. We carried on like this until my back hit the wall. I smiled sheepishly when I realized there was no way of getting away from him. He leaned in close until our faces were an inch apart. Kissing distance... then I saw his face of thunder... or maybe not.

"Now, you listen here and you listen good. Do not ever mention Henri's mother to me or anyone. Henri is my boy, no one else's as far as I'm concerned, and certainly not that bitch's," he whispered darkly. I shivered. He was too close...and too dangerous.

"If you ever mention her again, so help me I will throw you out of this house."

"Well it's not like I haven't been trying to get out of your damn mansion all night! But YOU were with your stupid sluts so I didn't know what to do other than stay here and wait for your bloody dismissal!" I huffed. Jack just stared at me and then burst out laughing.

20 minutes later it was 8:45 and Jack took Henri and I to the limo where the friendly chaffeur was waiting to open the door for us to pile in. Once we were all in and the limo was rolling, Jack pressed a button on the car ceiling and a mirror slid down. He pressed another button and a compartment appeared containing a comb and hair gel. I watched as Jack got to work combing through his dark locks and rubbing in some gel before opening the black briefcase he had brought with him and getting out a plain black tie and putting it on. He then proceeded to tuck his shirt in and polish his D&G shoes. Then I laughed out loud when I saw what he got out of the briefcase next.

Jack heard me laugh and looked up at me as if he'd only just noticed I was there.

"Seriously, dude, glasses?" I said in between laughs. He was wearing a pair of clear RayBan Wayfarers and I'll admit they looked so cute on him but ocme on, he was a businessman. How could a businessman be so cool?

"Because I'm cool like that," he replied, reading my mind. We were coming up my street and Jack fumbled around in his wallet and pulled out some notes and threw them at me like they were just paper, which I suppose to him with all his money, they were. I didn't bother counting the money, seeing as it would just upset and embarrass me.

"Thanks," I said bluntly, getting out of the limo.

"Bye Henri!" Henri gasped.

"Noooo! Chloeee!" He protested, getting up to follow me out of the limo.

"Henri, s'assoeir!" Jack said and Henri sat back down, pouting.

"Bye, Chloe," Jack said softly and before I could reply he shut the door and the limo sped rolled away from the pavement.

I went to my front door and reached for my rucksack, realizing too late that I had forgotten it at Jack's mansion. UGH! That meant I would have to see his rude self one more time if I wanted my bag back. I knocked on the door, praying my Dad hadn't left for work yet so he could let me in. The door opened almost immediately and my Dad burst out shouting that he was late and that he'd see me later.

I sighed and went up to my bedroom, flopping onto my bed. I started to think of Jack already and tried to work out his puzzling bipolar behaviour. When I couldn't, I screamed into my pillow. He was just so frustrating! I mean, he had it all- money, business, status and girls- yet he still acted like a total dick.

I thought back to Ryan and how he used me to get to my "best friend". He told me he loved me and I was so naive that I believed him. I gave him my heart and he just shattered it. 6 months on since school ended and I got a full-time job at the nursery and I still haven't got over it and I don't think I ever will.

And now I was crushing on a gorgeous but insanely rude and bipolar French businessman who was everything that I hated...

yet I couldn't stay away from him.

Howww was ittt?