Special Chapter

Mina was woken up by a loud noise which she expected that's coming from their kitchen. Her brows furrowed to see that the other side of their bed is empty, which just simply means that Chaeyoung might be the one making those noises. But why wouldn't she woke me up? She just shrugged it off and hurriedly went to the bathroom so she could already check her wife in the kitchen.

Mina saw Chaeyoung and Maddie, they were like cooking or baking something. The kitchen was a real mess and Mina couldn't get mad at them for that so she just heaved a deep sigh, still watching the two being busy with their stuff.

"Good morning!" Mina said when she realized that Chaeyoung and Maddie didn't even notice her even though she's been standing there for how many minutes now.

But she felt more upset when Maddie just glance at her for a second and went back to stirring something and Chaeyoung didn't even look at her. She looked at her watch and she's gonna be late if she doesn't leave now but her heart felt heavy when her wife and her kid is still not talking to her. She walked towards them and kissed Maddie on her forehead before back-hugging Chaeyoung.

"Hey.. Is something wrong? Are you mad at me?" Mina whispered. But still, Chaeyoung won't give her any attention. She forcefully pulled her arms out of the hug and stomped backward, letting Chaeyoung know that she's already mad.

"Fine! I'm leaving!" She said in an upset tone and turned her back at Chaeyoung and kissed Maddie once again who's now staring at her with pitiful eyes.

Mina left with a heavy heart. She was busy thinking what wrong did she did last night for Chaeyoung to act like that. But what about Maddie? Why is she also ignoring me? She brushed her hair because of too much annoyance.

Little did Mina know that Chaeyoung planned it this morning. She woke Maddie up and told her that they'll be surprising her mommy.

"Baby... Wake up" Chaeyoung softly said to Maddie who's still peacefully sleeping. "We have something to do for Mommy"

It took Chaeyoung how many minutes to wake Maddie up. She shifted on her bed before sitting up and looking at her mom, still half asleep.

"What is it mom? It's still so early" Maddie pouted.

"I know baby, I'm sorry. But we need to do something for your mommy" Chaeyoung gave her a kiss on her forehead. "Did you already forget what day it is today?"

Maddie acted like she was thinking deeply, she put her finger on her chin as she looked up. Then suddenly, her face brighten up and cheerfully stood up on her bed.

"Oh! It's mommy's birthday today!"

"Yes, yes, honey" Chaeyoung chuckled and pulled Maddie so she'd sit down again. "So we need to surprise her, okay?" Maddie nodded excitedly.

"But... We need to pull off some kind of a... prank" Chaeyoung whispered, afraid that Mina might hear them.

"What prank mom?" Maddie asked innocently.

"We're going to ignore mommy. No matter what happens, we shouldn't talk to her or give her any attention. Okay?"

"But mom, I'm scared" Maddie was serious. "What if mommy got mad? It's her birthday, I don't want her to feel upset.

"I know baby and I'm scared too. But we need to do this so that we could surprise her" Chaeyoung pulled Maddie onto her lap and hugged her. "Don't worry, mommy won't get mad. She'll be happy, you'll see"

Chaeyoung was so nervous when she felt that Mina is already watching them at the kitchen. She tried all her best to not look at her and kept her attention to the food she's cooking. But suddenly, she felt arms draped into her waist and she gulped at so much tension she's feeling. She was controlling herself not to hug Mina back even though she wants to do it so bad, she wants to kiss her at that moment.