3

It was a sunny Saturday morning. Mina woke up and felt a throbbing pain in her head. She thought that it must be from the crying she did last night. She decided to get up and went to her bathroom to take a shower. As the cold water touched her skin, she somehow felt relax.

After the cold shower, she put on a simple clothes as she has no plans on going out the whole day. Before going out of her room, she glanced at her phone above the bedside table. She opened it expecting to receive a text from her bestfriend but much to her disappointment, there was none. But instead it was just bombarded by texts and missed calls from Bambam.

Mina remembered again the fight that she and her bestfriend had last night. She felt guilty again and cursed herself. The fuck is wrong with you Mina! She got out of her room and headed to her kitchen. She promised that she'll call Chaeyoung after she finished eating. Mina cooked a simple soup that wil help ease her headache.

As soon as she finished, she went to her living room and sat on the couch. After minutes of contemplating and staring at Chaeyoung's number, she finally pressed the call button. The ringing from the other line seems to match the rapid beating of her heart. She wants to fix this already because she can't bare to think that her bestfriend is mad at her.

Finally the other line picked up. There was a silence for how many minutes. Mina is thinking of the proper word to say and it seems like Chaeyoung is waiting for her.

"Chaeng"

"Minari"

They both laughed when they heard that they've called each other at the same time.

"Okay, ladies first" Mina chuckled on Chaeyoung's words.

"Look Chaeng, I am deeply sorry for what happened last night. And I didn't meant every word I say. I'm sorry"

"Hmm.. I know that you'll call and will say that exact words"

Mina felt the nervousness again as she heard the seriousness on Chaeyoung's voice. She thought that they can make up easily just like what they do every time they fight.

"C-chaeng.."

Mina stopped as she heard a loud laugh from the other line.

"Minariii oh my God! Don't tell me that you really believe that I'm mad at you?!"

"You know what, I really hate you Son Chaeyoung! Why are you doing this to me?!"

"Hahaha you should chill there princess. I was just joking I just want to know how are you going to react"

"Don't call me princess. It won't work this time" but deep inside Mina is already smiling.

"Oh don't lie now. I know you like how I know the back of my hand"

"Fine! You win. So what now? You're not mad right? We're okay right?"

"Yup! And I know that you really don't mean everything you said last night. You just can't help yourself seeking for my help. You can't live without me my dear bestfriend"

"Whatever Chaeng. And I also know that you can't stay mad at me for that long. So now, can you come over here? Maybe we could play some games or watch movie!"

"Alrighty! I'll just take a quick shower and I'll be there. Wait for me"

After their call, Mina can't stop smiling. Its like a huge rock was lifted because her heart felt so at ease right now.

She started preparing some snacks to eat while they are watching movies. She also cleaned her living room and put out the consoles that they will be using. She was already choosing games to play and what movie to watch when the door opened.

Chaeyoung knows the passcode for her pad. Her bestfriend entered with two plastic bags on her hand. As soon as she stepped in, Mina runs toward her and pulled her for a hug.

"Wow I guess you miss me big time, princess"

Chaeyoung felt Mina nod and hugged her more tightly. She let go of the hug and looked at Chaeyoung with her gummy smile and the latter pinched her cheeks. Too cute.

"I brought food from our favorite restaurant. We should eat first before playing"

"Is this some sort of peace offering?" Mina snickered.

"Yeah. Maybe. Come on while it's still hot"

They headed to the kitchen and started eating. They are always quiet when they eat. But from time to time, they'll gonna lock eyes and smile with each other.

"Chaeng I'll wash the dishes. Just go to the living room and pick a game that we will play"

"Is washing the dishes also your kind of peace offering?"

Mine glared at her before she walked to the living room laughing. She really likes to tease her bestfriend.

They spent their whole afternoon playing and once they grew tired, they decided to start watching movie. They cuddled on the couch, eating chips and popcorns. But during their second movie, Mina's phone started ringing. She picked it up and turned her head to Chaeyoung. She saw her serious face that's why she knew that it saw the caller ID. It was Bambam.

Mina sighed and cancelled the call. She turned her phone off and focused on watching the movie again.

"Why didn't you picked it up?"

"I just don't want to. I know what he's going to say and I'm tired listening to it. It's much better to just ignore him"

Chaeyoung secretly smiled upon hearing her answers. She put her hands over Mina's shoulder and continued watching.

They lost track of time because they are so immersed on the movie. When their third movie ended, Chaeyoung checked her phone and saw that it was already eight in the evening.

"Are you hungry Minari?"

"Yeah. We've just been eating junk foods. Do you want me to cook?"

"Nah. You'll just get tired. Let's just eat outside. Go and change your clothes"

They decided to eat at a nearby restaurant. They can't go much farther because their stomachs are already growling.

They had a good dinner and was happily walking out of the restaurant. When they were about to enter Chaeyoung's car, someone called Mina. Upon hearing the voice, Mina already knew who it is. She worriedly looked at Chaeyoung as she saw her clenched her fist. When the man already approached them, he suddenly grabbed Mina's wrist.

"Mina can we please talk? You've been ignoring my texts and calls"

"Let go of her you asshole!"

Chaeyoung pulled Mina close to her and gave Bambam a good punch. Mina shrieked when she saw Bambam lying on the ground. She went to Chaeyoung and held her arm.

"Chaeyoung please stop!"

But as soon as Bambam got up, he punched Chaeyoung too. Mina was fuming mad as she saw the bleeding lip of her bestfriend.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! You don't come chasing me and punch my bestfriend!"

"I-I'm sorry Mina. I just wanted to talk to you but that fucking bestfriend of yours started it!"

"Don't you fucking curse at me!"

Chaeyoung was about to give him another punch but Mina stopped her.

"Chaeng please, stop it. Calm down okay? I'll just talk to him because if I don't, he will just keep on bothering me"

Chaeyoung looked at Mina wide-eyed. She can't believe what she is hearing right now.

"Are you serious Mina?! The hell I will let you be alone with that bastard!"

"Chaeyoung please! Nothing bad will happen to me, please trust me. Wait me at my pad, I'll come back after I talk to him"

Chaeyoung let out a defeated sigh. She knows that she can't persuade Mina to not talk to Bambam. In the end, she just let Mina do her things and all she could do is trust her.

"Don't you dare lay any finger at her or else I'll kill you!" Chaeyoung's last words to Bambam before driving away.