40 - FINALE

Mina is laying on her bedroom in her Mom's house. She's been here for a week now since she came back from the hospital. Until now, Mina still can't believe everything happened to her. It still feels surreal and she can't thank enough that after all that, she's still alive. Mina caressed the scar on her forehead which always reminds her that she'd been on a near death experience. Her mom and sister said that she's in a coma for how many days but she can't remember anything of that. The last bits of her memory was the image of Chaeyoung, covered with Mina's blood, her worried face and the words "hang on". Her tears fell while remembering that moment but Mina guessed that it's what gave her strength to not give up that time, she needed to be alive. For Chaeyoung.

A knock interrupted Mina's reminiscing, she wiped her tears and sat up on the bed.

"Come in" she said in a soft voice. The door opened and it was her sister. She peeked her head first then smiled at Mina before going in.

Jihyo was supposed to go home just after her birthday party but because of Mina's accident, she insisted to stay until Mina is fully okay. This is one of the reasons why Mina thought that what happened to her was a blessing in disguise. It's like it was an instrument for her and her sister to be this close again. She was so thankful for Jihyo because Mina knows how it didn't leave her side when she's still in the hospital and how it supported her with the best that she can even though Jihyo knew that their Mom would be angry at them. Mina's longing heart for a sister is being fulled right now, she could feel how her sister was really making it up to her.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Jihyo asked as it sat beside her and brushed her hair.

"Better, unnie" Mina smiled.

"That's good because any minute now, your party is about to start" she held Mina's hand and looked at her worriedly. "But I don't want you to force yourself okay? If you feel something, tell me quickly then we'll let you rest"

"I'm really fine, unnie. Don't worry, you should enjoy yourself at the party too. Stop thinking about me" Mina chuckled but Jihyo just pouted at her.

"Dress up now then I'll just come back if it's about to start, okay?" Mina nodded and Jihyo went out of her room.

Mina at first, didn't approved of this party because she's really not fond of things like this and it will just exhaust her mom and sister more. But they were so eager, they insisted to throw this party as a way of thanking for another life given to her. So Mina had no choice but to just agree because there's no way she can out win the both of them. While preparing herself, she can't help to think about the guests that will arrive later. Her mom promised her that she'll just invite the person who's close to her. But, will she come?

After she woke up on the hospital, that was the last time she saw Chaeyoung. She asked her sister that time on where's Chaeyoung because Mina was so sure that she was there, she heard her voice, Chaeyoung was telling her to come back, she said that she'll be waiting, but she was gone whe she's already awake. Jihyo just told her to stop stressing herself and that Chaeyoung is fine. But that's not her question, Jihyo didn't answered her question. Up until now, for that whole week, they were avoiding any questions pertaining to Chaeyoung. It makes Mina's heart hurt but she just stopped asking because she just won't gain any answer. All she could do until now, is to hope that one day, Chaeyoung would show up in front of her. Her tears fell, she misses Chaeyoung so much. Why does loving you hurts this much?

After almost an hour, Jihyo came back to her room and guided her outside. The venue is still the same, their backyard was once again decorated, but this time it's just a simple one. Mina is just wearing a simple white off-shoulder dress and she just let her long wavy hair flow. As soon as she stepped outside, she was greeted by a hug from Nayeon. She's with her girlfriend, which is Jeongyeon, and Mina gave her a smile.