13

Flashback from five years ago...

It was a week after since Chaeyoung confessed to her family about her real sexuality, on how is she interested with girls than boys. She was feeling so happy with a light heart knowing that one of her deepest secrets has been revealed. And the fear of everyone judging her was gone when her family accepted her and her decision wholeheartedly.

And it was not just her family, but also her bestfriend, Mina. Since the very beginning, she already wants to tell Mina about it but she was afraid. But Mina almost smacked her so hard for keeping that secret. Chaeyoung really forgot how nice and understanding that girl is. She was always supportive to her ever since.

Mina... Just by the thought of her makes her feel extra happy. Chaeyoung's confidence boosted up more now that Mina knows it. She was happily skipping while entering a shop that sells different jewelries. It's been three days since she last saw her, as they needed to go to US for an important business. They were coming back today and she's so excited as she misses her bestfriend so much.

She was looking for a perfect gift for her. But she didn't know what to choose. She's not fond of accessories like this. "I should have asked Dahyun to come with me" she thought. When one of the staff noticed that she's having trouble picking, the lady approached her.

"Hi Maam! How may I help you?"

"U-uhh.." Chaeyoung was hesitant at first but she had no choice. She needed to be home before they arrive. "I need to find a gift for my.. uh, bestfriend"

"Is your bestfriend a guy or a girl?"

"Girl.." she smiled, eyes twinkling. "And she's very pretty too"

"Oh, just like you. This way then, maam"

Then the lady guided her to a different section. She brought out five different red boxes and put it above the glass table. She opened it one by one and Chaeyoung was amazed by how beautiful they are.

"This are the most suitable gifts for your beautiful bestfriend, Maam"

It was silver necklaces but with different designs of pendants. It was with a heart, rose, crown, mood and star. When she saw that, she already knew what to pick and immediately bought it.

She hurriedly grabbed a taxi and went home. On her way, she can't stop smiling while looking at the necklace she bought with a star pendant on it. She remembered the first night that she and Mina slept together because they decided to have a slumber party.

They were lying on Mina's bed and they were facing the window. The moon is in its full shape and the sky was filled with stars.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Chaeyoung turned to Mina when she heard her talking.

"Huh?"

"The stars. It's beautiful, right?" then Mina turned her head to Chaeyoung and smiled. She didn't know why she felt so nervous that time, her heart was pounding so hard.

"Y-yeah, It's so beautiful.." she said while staring on Mina's eyes that was also shining like a star. She heard her giggled and stared again at the sky. Chaeyoung holds her heart to make it calmed down.

"You know what, I always wish to be part of those stars. I want to shine brightly like them even during dark times"

She was just staring at Mina while listening to her. She smiled when she saw her smiled. And that's the moment that she realized.. She already love her bestfriend.