2

Chaeyoung was woken up by the loud sound of her phone. She ignored it as she was just too lazy and sleepy to get up. And she thought that maybe it was just from some random girls she met at the bar. As she was trying to get back to sleep, her phone blasted its loud ring tone once again.

She annoyingly got up and answered the call.

"Will you please stop call-"

"C-chaeng..."

Upon hearing the voice from the other line, she hurriedly opened her eyes to check if the caller is really who she think it is.

"Minari, why did you call? Are you okay?"

"C-can you p-please pick me u-up?"

She knew something was wrong as she can hear Mina choking with her cries.

"What?! Where are you Mina?!"

"O-outside the building of w-where I work"

"Stay there and don't go anywhere. I'm on my way"

Chaeyoung hurriedly wear her hoodie, jeans and sneakers. As soon as she got hold of the key, she rushed inside her car and started driving. She cursed under her worried breath everytime she'd encounter a traffic light.

Why the fuck Korea has so many traffic lights?!

But she was thankful that there's no many cars anymore as it is already late at night. She was nearly approaching Mina's workplace. She was searching for Mina even before pulling off the car. When she arrived, she hurriedly got out and looked for her.

"Minari! I'm here, where are you?!"

She got no response but she saw someone sitting by the sidewalk. Its head was resting by its arms with its knees curled up. Chaeyoung run towards her as she knew who's figure it is.

"Hey.. It's okay. Come here, let's go home"

She patted her back. Mina slowly lifted her head and looked at Chaeyoung. Her eyes were already puffy as she was crying non-stop. Chaeyoung helped her to stand up and they slowly walked back to her car while holding each other's hand.

As soon as Mina was settled to the car, Chaeyoung started to drive again. The long ride back to Mina's house was full of silence. Although Chaeyoung can hear faint sobs from the passenger seat. She will likely to check on Mina from time to time.

When they arrived, she saw that Mina already fell asleep. She slowly patted Mina's arm to wake her up. She opened the door for her and led her to her room. As they entered Mina's room, she went straight to her bed and cried again. Chaeyoung removed her heels and went to her closet to find a more comfortable clothes.

"Change your clothes first, please"

It took Mina a long time to get up but she had no choice because she knows that Chaeyoung would be more upset. She didn't bother to go and change at her bathroom. She was always changing in front of Chaeyoung since they were kids. After she finished, she plopped on her bed again.

Chaeyoung picked up her clothes and put it in her laundry. Then she went to Mina's bed to tuck her up. She saw that it was already sleeping which is good because she knew that Mina was already tired.

When she was about to leave, a soft hand holds her wrist.

"C-chaeng, can you please s-stay?"

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and nodded silently. She laid down beside Mina and opened her arms to let Mina rest her head on it. After that, she felt Mina moved closer and hugged her. She was gently stroking Mina's hair because she knew that it always helped her calm down.

She knew how to handle Mina everytime something like this happened. It's almost like it became a routine for her.

"You know you can always tell me everything, right?"

She whispered to Mina while still stroking her hair. Even though she's annoyed again, she knows that this is not the right time to nag over Mina. She felt that the girl slightly nod.

After the long silence, Chaeyoung was about to leave again to let her sleep comfortably but she started talking.

"H-he cheated on m-me again. With my c-colleague"

Chaeyoung clenched her fist. Suppressing the anger that is building up. That asshole. She just let Mina talk because if ever she will interfere, she might just say something that may make things much worse.

"W-why does he always do this to me Chaeng? I always give my all, to the point that there's nothing left for myself. I believed all of his promises, how many chances do I have to give?"

Then, she started sobbing again. All Chaeyoung could do is calm her down.

"You know what, Chaeng? He already planned for our future. He told me that one day, we will get m-married. I know that Bam loves me, he loved me! But maybe, I'm not enough. Maybe he was right, I was just too plain and boring"

Married my ass. She let go of her hug with Chaeyoung and turned her back on her. Chaeyoung sighed out of frustration as she can see how Mina's shoulder was shaking from crying.

"Hey, look at me" and gently pulled Mina's body to face her again.

"Don't you ever think of that way to yourself again. You are enough Mina and you're not boring. You always aced every game we play and always defeat me. That's not boring, right?"

She chuckled and saw that Mina laugh a bit too. Finally.

"So please, don't blame yourself always. You already said that you gave your all, which means you are enough. You did your best. It's not your fault that that asshole is a fool for being not contented with you. Tsk"

"Hey, language"

"What?? It's true right? He's an asshole. He already have the most beautiful, smart and kind girl that I've ever met but he just left you for some past-time girl?!"

"I s-still need to hear his explanations, r-right? Maybe he was just-"

"Just what Mina?! Drunk again like what he always reason out with you everytime you'll caught him kissing different girls?! This is not the first time Mina and this is not also the first time that I'll tell you this, LEAVE THAT FUCKING MAN!"

Chaeyoung got up of the bed and massaged her temples. She can no longer held her anger. She just hates to see her bestfriend being like this because of a pathetic man.

"But Chaeng, I l-love-"

"Bullshit. Fuck that love Mina! It's not love anymore! Can't you see yourself right now? You look like shit! How many times do I have to pick you up in the middle of the night just because the same guy is cheating on you over and over again? Huh?!"

"Will you please stop shouting?! Yes, I know that I look like shit right now and I look like shit everytime he'll do this to me! But what else can I do?! I can't just let him go because I love him too much! You'll never understand me because you never take your relationships seriously!"

"Don't you dare drag my own life here! What do I get for not taking them seriously?! I didn't get a fucking heartbreak and I'll never look like what you are right now!"

"Okay that's it! Call me shit or whatever you want! This will be the last time that I'll seek help from you!"

"Fine! I'm leaving!"

Then Chaeyoung walked out of her door. As soon as she entered her car, she let out a loud sigh. Shit. She knew that this would happen everytime their anger would clash. She don't want to leave Mina specially on a state like that but if she'll stay, they will just keep on fighting. She punched the steering wheel and once she calmed down, she started driving again.

Mina was still crying while staring at her ceiling. She felt bad and guilty for shouting like that at her bestfriend. She knows that Chaeyoung is just upset and was just worried of her. She knows that herself is just all to blame for whatever is happening. Fuck.

She was already tired from all that happened that day and decided to just rest her body and mind. She closed her eyes and drifted to sleep.

--
Let me know your thoughts about this chapter :)