Final goodbye

At school there were so many memorial service for Matt from the team to friends and staff. Kristina struggle to sit through it, but her sisters and KJ coax her as she was dreading every one of them. For her, too many memories she cherished with him but did enjoy every single speeches.

The funeral she was dreading it big time. When it came to the viewing, she was scared and frightened to see him.

"I can't."

She knew she did all the work, but she was dreading it. Michelle gently walked her sis in law and said.

"They did amazing with the details, just what you asked."

Kristina smiled, but her heart was broken. KJ, Timena and Arietta hugged their sweet little sister.

"You ok?"

KJ whispered.

Kristina sighed.

"Yeah. He look handsome."

The service was beautiful and everyone spoke and told stories. There was one moment of a surprise for Kristina and the music therapist Josh spoke.

"Kristina, Matt wanted to do something special for you. When was the last time you heard him sing?"

Kristina said while starting feeling regret at the moment especially at the question.

"When he proposed to me at prom. That was really special and it hold a deep place in my heart. Why what did he do?"

She was nervous and now she wishes that she was there at the time. Timena rubbed her back and eased her concerns same with Arietta on the other side.

"It all good, sis we promise." She whispered.

KJ couldn't wait to see her face as well as Jeremy since they filmed it with him.

The video began and  it was music therapy Matt said.

"Kristina, I picked this song, you know I have been singing this tune since we were 5 and I did teach you the song I loved so much and I have some help." 

The camera pan out to KJ and Jeremy and Josh. Kristina was speechless even though she knew KJ did his portrayal of Jeremy.

The song began.

"Scattered words and empty thoughts / seem to pour from my heart
I've never felt so torn before/ seems I don't know where to start
But it's now that I feel your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip, washing away my pain

I still believe in your faithfulness / I still believe in your truth
I still believe in your holy word / even when I don't see, I still believe

Though the questions still fog up my mind / with promises I still seem to bear
Even when answers slowly unwind / It's my heart I see you prepare
But it's now that I feel your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip, washing away my pain

I still believe in your faithfulness / I still believe in your truth
I still believe in your holy word / even when I don't see, I still believe

The only place I can go is into your arms / where I throw to you my feeble prayers
In brokenness I can see that this was your will for me / Help me to know you are near

I still believe in your faithfulness / I still believe in your truth
I still believe in your holy word / even when I don't see, I still believe."

As Kristina watch the video, she smiled: she missed hearing his voice. It gave her peace for the first time in weeks and she literally stood up to worship. When the video was over, Jeremy and his wife, Adrienne came over to hug her.

"Were sorry for your loss, Kristina." Jeremy said. Adrienne hugged her.

Kristina hugged her parents, sisters and brother as she wiped their tears. KJ couldn't stop crying. He was so happy to see Kristina smile at last.

"First time you all have seen me smile."

They nodded. She then hugged KJ.

"Seeing you with Matt and Jeremy, gave me chills the harmonies."

Then Matthew's family spoke and eulogized their son and brother. Then came the important part of their eulogy. John said.

"Matthew adored Kristina for as long we could remember. Kristina whatever it was that you did to him, he loved you and constantly chatted about you when we asked him on hw, school and life in general. The answers we received was Kristina is this and Kristina was incredible today! We knew we had to meet you."

Everyone laugh. As Kristina blushed and mouthed. "Sorry."

John said.

"As a family, we were amazed of your strength in being by his side by marrying him and sticking out throughout his cancer journey. You were thrown into it and God just chosen the toughest battle for you to face. You never left his side not for one second."

Everyone cheered as Kristina smile.

After their eulogy it was Kristina turn she goes up and took a breath.

"Good evening,

What to say about my husband? He was one of a kind. God did blessed me with him greatly, but I didn't know what to expect in the beginning of our friendship as children lord. When we were children as his parents had seen him as "the lovey dovey crazy over Kristina", I saw him as a kid that would drive me crazy, running around in circles and I thought KJ would be the one doing it. I swear I stopped him one day and said. Let find a new hobby for you! At this point, Matthew had taught me the rein of our preschool staff and student alike. We tried every hobby: Soccer, hockey, baseball, deep down I had prayed he didn't fall in love with rugby hence the weekends game with KJ. That didn't even happen till year 5. But boy he had such a passion for music one in particular Jeremy Camp before we met, I had no clue who you were Mr. Camp and now I'm grateful for Matt teaching me like an encyclopedia or else KJ would've never did your movie or I would never met you. Thank you, Matt for that. He can chat about you for hours that Michelle and I would have to remind him to take a deep breath."

Everyone laughed. Then Michelle showed a video for proof: Kristina and Matt were 5 in the video. "Ok Matt is going to tell you everything about Jeremy Camp! Take deep breath!"

Matt did every fact that Jeremy and KJ were blown away and the camera turns to Kristina as she ate her sandwich.

"Deep breath Matt!"

Matt take a breath.

"Do I need to do more?"

Michelle and Kristina said. "Nope!"

Then Michelle said in the video "What are you thinking Kristina? You are so deep in thoughts."

Michelle and Kristina never realized then that Kristina's response would come so many years later.

"I would do anything for Matt to meet Jeremy! He is so happy when talking about him."

Michelle hugged her and said in the video.

"You are such a sweetheart and a good friend!"

Michelle froze as Kristina did say her thoughts. Kristina choked up as she realized she did say that.

"Oh jeez. But we made it happen!"

She went through her memories with Matt through the good and bad and ended with.

"May you Rest In Peace until we are together again."

The burial was brutal for Kristina but it was an incredible service.