Matthew Luke passing

Hours earlier it was a stressful day everyone had to keep Kristina busy because in Afghanistan Matt had been killed in action the hardest part: Kristina's dearest friend and a second brother to her from day one till now, Logan Mitchell was the one who found him and sadly Matt passed away in his arms. Logan was changed by this in a big way knowing that he helped raise Matt as a Uncle figure at certain moments in his life. He felt as if he failed Kristina big time, but he never told her that he was the person who found Matt. It wasn't until years later that Lisa, his sister told Kristina. Once he got back home in Austin, in a panic he called his family and explained to them everything despite they said.

"It not your fault, son."

His parents said.

As a result of this, Logan's mood has changed drastically in the months that followed Kristina tried to cheer him up or try to get him to talk about what was bothering him but nothing.

Kristina was working and is in such a good mood since it was her son's birthday. As she was working, a lot of Matt's colleagues informed Kristina's and Josh's family of Matt's sudden passing and they responded.

"Kristina is aware right?"

Dead silent fell upon their Grandson, Nephew and husband colleagues as they were realizing Kristina is Matt's mother.

"Oh gosh no."

James admitted as his face went white.

So the Sarge had an emergency meeting to find a way to tell Kristina.

After work was done, Kristina was going to FaceTime Matt as she held Joshua and had a cake on the table when Brianna said looking nervous and solemn.

"There is a meeting in the chapel."

Brianna's face was pale.

Kristina said.

"You alright? I was about to FaceTime Matt but I guess later. It his birthday and yes I'm aware Josh's passing anniversary."

Brianna fights her composure as she realized it was going to be worst.

They got to the chapel and everyone was there solemn and Kristina sat with Chrissy, her daughter in law and comfort her unaware what was going to hit her.

Sarge looked at Kristina as he remembered when they told her about Josh's passing.

"Does it feel familiar to you when Josh and Caitlyn passed?"

Kristina said.

"Definitely sir."

It was a long silence and Chris, Matt best friend said.

"We all told your families about this. This morning: your son was killed in action and he was hurt badly and we tried everything to save him."

Kristina was shaking as she process it as Chrissy said.

"I'm so sorry, momma."

Kristina felt her heart shattering at this very moment, but she knew that he reunited with his dad. It was tons of emotions that was hitting her all at once.

"No no no no no no, not my Baby!"

Chris said.

"The last thing he said was to take care of my mom and tell her I love her-take care of my wife and son importantly, be there for my mommy."

Kristina broke down as Brianna and her troops comfort her.

"Today is his birthday!!! My baby is gone."