☆☆Chapter 58☆☆

Marinette knocked again and waited two more minutes. Behind her, Adrien was in his limo, looking at her with such a sad face like he'd betrayed someone. Finally, the door opened and Tom peeked his head out.

"Oh Marinette, I'm so sorry. I was asleep and didn't hear you. We are supposed to be closed today after all," Tom scratched his head, but once he saw Marinette's upset look, he froze, confused.

"Is it true?. . ."

Tom didn't even have to ask what she was talking about. Behind, he could see Adrien giving him an apologetic look, and Tom sighed. He opened the door wider and allowed Marinette in. "Let's not talk outside. Come in."

Marinette didn't waste time at all. She walked inside and Tom closed the door in after her. He turned around, watching as she took a seat and waited for him to start talking.

"Marinette, both mine and your mother's parents were quite strict, and we weren't allowed to have a baby before getting married. Well. . . you can obviously tell we broke the rules-"

"So I was just a mistake?"

"I'm not trying to call you a mistake, Marinette. After it happened, Sabine wanted to keep you but she was also afraid of our parents finding out, so she decided maybe it was best that you found another family to live in and be happy," Tom sighed. "We shut down our bakery then because we wanted to watch over you. We thought because you had made it to the Popularity Board you were living a good life, and whenever we saw you walking out of your adoptive parents' house, you always seemed to have a smile on your face. You looked really happy, so we thought it was really best that we made this decision."

Marinette sniffed, trying not to cry as she inhaled and exhaled. "Well, I wasn't happy. In fact I was quite the opposite. Sure, I was all popular, I had the fame, but getting love from fans wasn't enough. I wanted to be loved by my parents, but instead everyday, my adoptive parents would make me feel like I wasn't wanted. They'd remind me countless of times that I was adopted because you didn't want me anymore. I-"

"Marinette, I'm so sorry. I had no idea." Tom really looked like he meant it. Marinette looked at him carefully, as if waiting for him to yell out 'sike!' or tell her that she'd been wrong. But none of that came, and when she saw that it wasn't coming and Tom was on the verge of tears, Marinette ran up to him, wrapping her arms around him in tight and warm hug.

"At least I've found you," She whispered. "I've found you at last."

❣❣❣

"It has been reported that ever since Lila got exposed of her lies, she never came back home. Some people have been saying she's moved out of Paris, others say she's still here but just hiding.

Anyway, enough of Lila. Great news! Marinette posted a picture of her with the owners of the famous bakery, exclaiming that she's found her real parents at last. Congratulations to this family for finding each other. You deserve all the happiness in the world.

On another note, congratulations to Celia Celeste on winning the Gabriel Agreste Fashion Show, getting €800 thousands and a chance to work for Gabriel in his company.

Oh, and there's more. There have been pictures taken of Marinette and Adrien being together. It hasn't been confirmed by them, but it seems that they're really working things out. We also wish the two of you the best."

Marinette opened the door and walked inside, seeing that the party had already started with people dancing all around and light flashing everywhere. Alya walked up to her and tapped on her wrist, though there was no watch there.