★★Chapter 5★★

Marinette still couldn't believe the messages she had gotten from Adrien. Even though she was confused, she was also curious and that didn't stop her from coming.

"So, where are you going again?" Alya asked as she shut her locker, facing Marinette. "You're going to meet someone?"

Marinette nodded.

"Who is it?" Alya looked interested. "A secret lover? Your crush? Who?!"

Marinette laughed. "Alya, you know I don't have any of those. I'm just going to meet a classmate, that's all. He said he had something important to tell me."

"Oh, it's even a he," Alya laughed along. "Want me to come along so you don't embarrass yourself? You never know, but this boy of yours could be wanting to ask you out."

Adrien? Ask me out? Pfft, he doesn't seem like the type of guy. "Nah Alya, besides I would just say no like I've done with the rest of the other boys."

Alya groaned. "Well maybe it's time for a change. See, Tiki has got a crush, I have got a secret admirer..."

"Oh Alya, I've got dozens of secret admirers, and in the end I still reject them." Marinette grabbed her backpack. "They're just... Not my type."

"So then what is your type?!" Alya rolled her eyes. "Do you need a boy that doesn't pay attention to you at all, because you're tired of boys asking you out?"

"I wouldn't mind," Marinette shrugged with a little smile. "Alright, I'll get going now. Make sure you get Tiki from her class, and you guys can go home together. I'll meet up later on."

Alya nodded and waved her off. Marinette started trotting away from her friend, heading outside of the school.

Marinette got in her car, driving to where Adrien said to meet up. Finally she got there and stepped out after parking. She looked around the restaurant that she had stopped at, but she could tell that Adrien wasn't here yet.

Finally she stepped inside the restaurant, L'Astrance and took a seat, before waiting for Adrien to arrive.

While waiting for Adrien to arrive, Marinette took out her phone to look for any new text messages from anyone. She found a few and answered them, but some she skipped over, including the one Hannah gave her about coming home early. Who was she to tell her to come back home early?!

"Hey, Marinette."

Marinette put her phone down and looked up. "Adrien, you're here. At first I was beginning to think that you set me up, but you know, you would never do that."

Adrien took a seat in front of her with a frown. "What do you mean set you up?"

"Well, I mean," Marinette was a bit confused at the question. "You asked me to come here but you took a while."

"Marinette, I never asked you to come here," Adrien looked as confused as her. "In fact, you were the one that asked me here, and I spent a few minutes trying to convince my Father to let me go. You told me you had an important thing to tell me."

"What?!" Marinette took her phone and turned to her contacts. "Adrien, I wasn't wrong. You did text me. See?" She handed Adrien the phone for him to read the messages.

After a while Adrien handed her phone back to her. "That's... That's not me. I think someone must have set us up or something."

"But why?!" Marinette groaned. Why did some part of her feel disappointed that it hadn't been Adrien. Whoever dared to set us up, I'm going to get them and make them pay!