★★Chapter 45★★

< Friday >

"Breakfast! Breakfast!"

Marinette groaned as one of her eyes opened. She then sat up and looked around, remembering that she was in her room.

"Breakfast!" Amelie repeated continually as she walked towards her. "Breakfast!"

"Alright, alright, I get it!" Marinette stepped one foot on the floor. Not just her back, but her whole body was still sore from having to run around all day, avoiding questions from people about her and Adrien. "Oh shoot!"

"What?"

"Today... Today is Alya's 18th birthday!" Marinette had her mouth hanged opened, and then she silently whispered. "I forgot to get her a birthday gift."

"Lets have breakfast first, and then we'll talk about it," Amelie said calmly. "By the way, I know you've already had so many people talk to you and ask you questions about it, so I'm not going to mention the kiss you shared with Adrien that someone caught on camera."

"You just did," Marinette rolled her eyes with a small smile. But then her smile faded as Amelie started leaving the room.

Is Amelie... The one who caught us on camera? Nah! It has to be Bette!

But Bette left... Didn't she? Maybe she came back and and caught us. Yeah it had to be her!

Marinette finally got out of bed, yesterday filling her brain. She didn't want to really think about it, but she couldn't stop thinking about it either. That kiss... It had been perfect. Okay, not perfect, but she just never expected her first kiss to be with Adrien. And she hadn't expected Adrien to be the one to close the gap between them, kissing her.

"Even if I like you... I can't date you..."

His words came back to her head as well. It was confusing at first; after all what did Gabriel have to do with Adrien and his love life?

She wanted to find it unfair, but in a weird, twisted way, she sort of understood where Gabriel was coming from.

"Marinette, you coming?"

"Yup!" Marinette yelled back. She quickly changed her pj's into a comfortable outfit that she was going to wear for the day, before she exited the room, walking to the kitchen.

"Maybe you should bake a cake for Alya," Amelie was suggesting as she put the food on the table. "I'm sure she would love a cake. Anyway, I'm going to call the rest to come have breakfast."

Marinette nodded and watched as Amelie left the kitchen. She looked at the food on the table, only to see that Amelie had left her phone on the table. The phone was also turned on.

Soon the phone got dark, signalling that it was going to turn off soon. Marinette didn't know what got over her, but she tapped on the phone, getting it to be bright again. Maybe the reason why she was so interested was because Amelie had a picture of her and Adrien kissing in the woods. Or maybe it was the fact that when she accidentally clicked on the app 'Camera', it showed the latest photo Amelie had taken, and it was exactly the picture of her and Adrien kissing in the woods.