☆☆Chapter 36☆☆

"I think we're lost again," Stephanie sighed. "Ah, what's the point. We're never making it out of this maze."

"Don't say that. We are!" Nino spoke, getting a smile from Stephanie in reply. "But just so you know, we're not working together!"

Stephanie looked down. This was what she loved about Nino. He was so caring, so sanguine no matter what situation they were in. Stephanie remembered the reason why she even fell for him in the first place.

"I'm working with Alya!" Nino then added as Alya walked beside him, causing Stephanie's smile to fall and a frown to replace it.

"I..." She bit her lip. "I really hope you don't think I'm a threat to your relationship. I swear I've lost all feelings for Nino!"

"Then why did you follow us?!" Nino snapped. "We clearly stated that we were going together, and you still secretly followed us!"

"I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't want to go alone..."

"Then what about your dreadful friends?" Nino seemed to get angrier by the minute. "You know, when you told me you didn't mean what you did back then, I actually believed you. I was just so mad that I didn't speak to you at all. But then we get to this school, and you hang around bad girls again. I actually really thought you meant your apology. I actually really thought you were changing, but no, you're not!"

He grabbed Alya's arm, pulling her forward. "And don't follow us anymore. Go your own way!"

Stephanie watched as the two of them started leaving. Honestly, she just wanted to quit, go to her cabin and cry on her bed all day long.

When she had heard about Survival Week coming up, she felt excited, because she had a plan to make it up to Nino. But now she just didn't even know anymore. She hated seeing Alya and Nino together.

Yeah, that's right! She wasn't over her crush on Nino.

She and Alya hadn't talked in a while after she told her about what happened years back. She was beginning to think that Alya was starting to hate on her as well.

She honestly thought that maybe if she explained herself in a letter, Nino would understand, even if it was just a little bit. Though she was wrong. Nino was angrier.

And he was right.

Making it up to him meant having good friends, and all Alison and Chloe have even been were bad friends, at least to others. They even said they were going to do all they could to break Nino and Alya up, and no matter how much she didn't want to sound so mean, she wanted that to happen.

She wasn't faking it when she wanted to be friends with Alya, but she hadn't been thinking either. She didn't know what got inside of her, being friends with her crush's girlfriend. Savannah was sort of right as well. After hearing her out, Stephanie was beginning to wonder if Alya even saw her as a friend.

"Maybe you went a little harsh on her," Alya stopped Nino from walking. "I know what she did was all horrible, and I'm sorry it happened."

"Can you not apologize. That's all I've been hearing from her. I don't need to hear it again!" Nino brushed her off and continued to walk. "I'm just so mad. She says she's sorry, and then she hangs out with Alison and Chloe? She's not trying!"

"And why are you on her side?!?" Nino asked once again. "You... You do know she likes me, right? Are you giving her a chance to have a go at me?!"

"What?!" Alya's eyes seemed to budge out. "That's not it! She said she wasn't a threat. She said she actually wanted to be my friend."