★★Chapter 7★★

She had never bothered telling anyone about her family problems, which was why she didn't tell Adrien the exact reason on why she was here alone, crying.

Yet, Adrien agreed to help her.

She had entered his limo without thinking—she had done it with her mind full with other things, and she had done it without thinking of the consequences it would bring up.

People that were strolling by pointed at them, asking questions to each other, wondering why Marinette and Adrien were together, but Marinette just ignored them. As soon as she entered the limo, she burst into tears again, covering her face in shame and embarrassment.

"It's okay, it's okay." Adrien patted her back, trying to calm her down, but nothing was working. He turned to the driver, Gorilla, and told him to head for the mansion.

The moment Marinette lifted her head up, she widened her eyes to see that they were at the mansion. She wanted to say something, but she didn't. She didn't want to seem like such a burden, but she didn't want to go back to that awful place again. So all she did was keep her mouth shut, and let Adrien lead her.

"We're at my mansion if that's okay with you," Adrien spoke. "Sorry, I didn't even ask where you wanted to go and I led you here. I just figured that maybe you didn't want to go home or something."

Can this guy read minds?! Marinette turned to him. "It's.. No, it's okay, really, it is," She quickly spoke. "Yeah, you're right, I don't want to go back home."

Adrien nodded. "I won't ask what happened to make you this upset, but whenever you want to talk about it, I'm here." He stepped out after his words, opening the door for Marinette.

"T-thank you." She realized—all she ever did whenever around Adrien was thank him. She hadn't realized just how much Adrien had done for her until she said her next thank you.

"No problem. I'm just doing what everyone else would have done, right?"

"Not everyone is as nice as you, Adrien," Marinette spoke. "Not everyone would do the same thing you did, and I really appreciate this all. Whenever you need something or someone, I'll always be here too."

Adrien nodded, though he muttered, "I've never needed anyone's help."

Marinette ended up going inside the mansion. Though she never admitted it, or never wanted to admit it, she just wanted to be with someone who actually understood her, or who didn't need to hear the whole story before helping her. Alya would seem perfect, but lately she had been busy with this secret admirer of hers.

Even though she wasn't that close to Adrien, as soon as she stepped inside his mansion for the second time, she felt like she had known Adrien way longer than she really had. It was as if she and Adrien have been friends since they were little.

"Do you want something to eat?" Adrien quickly entered the kitchen. "My father isn't home, so it will be just the three of us."

"No, I'm not hungry for now." She bit her lower lip at the thought of being such a burden.

"Hmm right, you probably just want to rest, right?" Adrien didn't step out of the kitchen though as he opened a drawer. "Well just in case you do, there's an empty room right beside mine you can use."

Marinette wanted to say something, but she just nodded instead, heading upstairs. "Thank you again, Adrien."

"Stop thanking me. Is that all you ever do?" Adrien shook his head.

"Sorry," Marinette muttered with a small smile. She reached the top of the stairs and headed to the room that was right next to Adrien's.

The room had a bed right at the corner, and a large closet at the other corner. When Marinette opened the closet, she found about five clothes in there. Besides that, the room was pretty much empty.