☆☆Chapter 42☆☆

After thinking about it, I'm suddenly starting to wonder if this was a good idea after all.

Marinette looked up from her phone once she heard the door opened. She tried to smile a little bit at least as Adrien walked inside, but she couldn't, so instead she kept a straight face.

"Hey," Adrien closed the door behind him, before turning to Marinette once again. "So, what's this about again?"

Marinette couldn't tell him. She couldn't tell him that there might be a possibility that she liked him. "N-nothing. I just wanted to hang out."

"Why so suddenly?" Adrien stood in one place. "I thought you were mad at me..."

"I am, but I didn't mean to tell you not to talk to me," Marinette was looking away, trying to find a way to explain to him without actually releasing the real reason.

They stood in silence for some time, before Adrien nodded. "Okay, whatever you say. So, what do you want to do first?"

Marinette couldn't help feeling awkward around him. She instantly went to the basket that was right beside her bed and picked it up. "I thought... I thought maybe we could go have a... I don't know, picnic?"

She bit her lip when Adrien didn't say anything for a while, then he cracked a smile. "That's an awesome idea, Marinette. Come on, I know the perfect place."

Marinette nodded, and putting her phone away, she followed Adrien out the door. She was surprised at how Adrien seemed to look really excited for what they were about to do. She was excited as well, but nervousness covered most of her feelings.

"Ow, watch it!"

Maybe her mind had been clouded with so many thoughts that she hadn't realized she had bumped into someone. Muttering a quick apology, she looked up to see who she had bumped into.

"Stephanie, it's okay. It's Marinette," Bette, who was also with the girl, spoke, obviously not wanting to offend Marinette.

Stephanie, who was in Mr. Krause' class, mumbled something under her breath, before telling Marinette that she accepted her apology.

Bette turned around to see Adrien, who had wanted to rush to help but found the other two girls in the way. "Where are you two going?"

"Does where we're going suddenly matter to you?" Adrien shot back, although not meaning to be too harsh.

"Alright I'm sorry I asked," Bette held up her hands, although they could all tell she didn't mean her apology. A smirk was slowly spreading on her face as she thought of the possibilities on where Marinette and Adrien could be going. "Although..." She held up a finger to her lips, "... With the way Adrien spoke to me, sounds like you two are hiding something."

"There's nothing we're hiding, Bette," Marinette looked bothered, and she was. Sure she said they had nothing to hide, but she knew that wasn't the truth, and she had a feeling Bette knew it as well.

If she wanted to check whether she liked Adrien or not, she didn't want to go telling others about it. She didn't want to tell anyone that she and Adrien were hanging out, because the people would just take it as a date.

"Okay, sure whatever," Bette shrugged and turned back to Stephanie, who looked like she was about to leave.

Adrien took Marinette's arm and started walking away. "I hate that girl," He spoke aloud. "She's so nosy."

"Bette?"

"Yeah, who else? No wonder she's a member of the Rumor Girls," Adrien let go of her hand as he continued to walk. "I bet she forces people to tell her things, or she probably stalks people to find out secrets."