★★Chapter 1★★

< Monday >

The loud cheers of the crowd had Marinette pumped up. She grabbed her guitar and went out on stage, the cheers filling her ears. She yelled out to all of them, and they yelled back at her, making her feel more proud of herself than she could ever feel.

This was what she wanted. This was what she had ever dreamed of. When she was little, she had been a nobody; nobody talked about her, nobody ran up to her to get autographs. But then she had started joining competitions since she was 7 years old, and made her way up to the Popularity Board.

Now she was 17, everyone cheering for her, everyone calling and yelling out her name. Marinette smiled widely and started played her guitar, the cheers getting louder.

Then she started singing; singing out to all of them, singing out the new song she had made and had been ready to share.

She was happy, proud of herself. But as she was ending her song, she had looked up, and saw her. She gulped at the sight of her. Marinette didn't want to see her to be here.

The woman never came to any of her shows, never showed any sign of care. Marinette kept on her smile anyway, and finished off her song. She then quickly existed the stage, breathing hard.

She had to talk to her, ask her why she was here. Did she come to ask her for more money again? Did she come to make trouble?!

After everyone congratulated her, she had looked up again, and there she was, staring at the woman.

"Marinette, it's time to leave," She spoke boldly. She turned her back and started leaving, Marinette following with a sigh and a look of annoyance.

"That..." She spoke. "That was a good performance. Well done, Marinette."

"Thank you," Marinette muttered. "Mom."

Her mother chuckled and unlocked the car, telling her to get in. "Marinette, don't give me that attitude. I was just congratulating you, which I haven't done in such a very long time."

"Oh please," Marinette rolled her eyes. "We both know the only reason why you're being so nice is because you need something. You never come to any of my performances, so why now?!" She huffed and got inside the car.

"Marinette," She shook her head and started the car. "How would you know that I need something from you?!"

"The only reason why you and Dad ever love me is because I make money and you need the money," Marinette replied with a cold look, turning the other way. "You don't love me as a daughter. You just love me because I make money!"

"Marinette, stop that attitude this instance!" She growled at her, stepping on the brakes hard. "At least be thankful... I'm giving you a ride back home."

"I have my own car!"

"So why didn't you take it?!"

"Because Alya offered to give me a ride," Marinette turned down to her guitar. "Anyway, lets not talk about this anymore. I don't need you to come pick me up after my shows. It's not really necessarily!"

"So how much money have you made this week?" Marinette rolled her eyes at the question, her annoyance rising up.

"I won't answer. If you want money so bad, make some on your own!"

They arrived back home and Marinette was quick to step out of the car, running towards the house with her guitar and other materials that she had brought with her.

Just one more year. She told herself. One more year, and you can finally get out of here!

She ran upstairs to her room, making sure not to meet her Dad, because then she would have to talk and answer all his questions. She shut her door, locking it, and took a large breath.