★★Chapter 55★★

Emilie wasn't sure if she wanted to go eavesdrop on Nathalie and Austin's conversation, but even if she wanted to, there was no way to do it without being caught.

Emilie wasn't sure either if she should tell Gabriel that she had been eavesdropping on his conversation with Nathalie. It was such a shock on what she heard, and somehow she felt even more protective, keeping Gabriel to herself.

In about 10 minutes, Nathalie and Austin came inside. They must have had some long talk, was the first thing that came on Emilie's mind. Then she wondered... Had Nathalie told him that she wanted to go for Gabriel now? Did Nathalie ask to talk to him because she wanted to break up with him? No matter how hard Emilie wanted to feel bad for Austin, she just couldn't. He deserved it, anyway.

Austin made eye contact with her, and Emilie was about to look away when suddenly Austin sent her a wink. Emilie frowned, rolled her eyes and set her eyes on another human.

The way Austin was looking at her sort of creeped her out. Did Nathalie break up with him, but he didn't care? But if Nathalie didn't, then that meant he was planning on cheating, winking at another woman like that. She wanted to know what Nathalie had said to him!

Emilie just wanted to forget him. She didn't really expect Nathalie to actually invite the douchebag. Obviously Nathalie wanted to cause drama.

Nathalie is chasing after Gabriel now, so she probably brought Austin over because she thinks I still like him and will leave Gabriel for him, or because she told Austin to do something that will make Gabriel hate me.

It made absolute sense. Nathalie was such an evil woman!

Emilie walked up to Gabriel again, feeling bored when she was alone. She just wanted to be with him. One of the main reasons why she even set up this party was to have more time with Gabriel. But obviously Nathalie and Austin weren't going to let her enjoy that.

Gabriel was sitting on the couch again, reading a book, and Emilie felt bad, thinking that he wasn't having that much fun as she had wanted him to have.

"Hey," Emilie gave him an apologetic look, before taking a seat next to him.

Gabriel didn't say anything, his eyes fixed on the book. He pushed his glasses back, not turning to Emilie a single bit.

"I know you're mad at me..." Emilie started, seeing how she was being ignored.

"Hmm," Gabriel finally looked up. "...Oh, sorry. This is just a really good book. Where did you get it?"

"Um... At the bookstore...?" Emilie said, before she smiled a little. "Are you really enjoying that book?"

Gabriel nodded. "Can I take it home?'

"Yeah... Sure." There must have been something wrong with her mind, because Emilie swore she heard Gabriel say 'Can I take you home?'

Out of the corner of her eyes, she caught Austin staring. Seriously, what was this guy's problem?! Why couldn't he understand that he wasn't wanted and that he should leave?!

Well... I'll give you something to look at! With that thought, Emilie grabbed the book and put it down on the table, before she was able to capture Gabriel's lips unto hers.

It lasted 3 seconds, but Emilie loved it. It was a heated-hot 3 second-make-out-session.

She peeked over at Austin to see him growling and glaring, before he turned and stomped off. Emilie smirked to herself before she pulled away from Gabriel. Gabriel seemed to look angry though.

"Is this really how this party is going to go?! Is this what happens at every parties?!" Gabriel stood up. "You kiss another man to make your ex jealous?"