Chapter 29

Seokjin didn't get off the hook so easily. After playing dead for two months, in reality having an amazing vacation in paradise, the parents knew exactly how to punish him.

He had to make up for himself, after all. Since he had plenty of time to relax, the others figured that he's perfectly energized, and will be able to look after the kids for a whole weekend, while the others are taking a break and going to Jeju island instead. Changing up the roles, as it is well deserved.

He obviously couldn't take care of all the children, since that would've been a lot, and also dangerous. Leaving one man with about ten babies is not a responsible idea. Thus, he only got the bigger ones, which was even harder than the new born. These kids already know how to run, scream, and speak non stop about useless things. Perfect for an adult's nerves.

The babysitting weekend started on friday, as he had to prepare a lot for the children. He first went grocery shopping, where he got weirded out looks from nearly everyone, considering he seemingly bought half of the store. He needed a lot of meat, vegetables and dairy products to make meals for the youngsters, but of course, as the coolest uncle, he didn't go cheap with the snacks, chocolate, cookies and all other kinds of forbidden candy.

After that, he actually had to buy mattresses, pillows and blankets, since he had a whole army to put to sleep somewhere. He figured they'll just turn the living room into an enormous bed, that way he can look after them easier, and it's the most spacious. The kids didn't like getting seperated anyways.

When he was done with that, it was nearing afternoon, and he had to rush home to clean the house. Not his own tho, as Namjoon offered his house for the weekend, since it was one of the biggest, but more because his younger son will probanly throw a tantrum, out of being homesick. If one cries, then the chain reaction is on, and all the others will be crying too. It was sweet in a way, that they all got upset if one of them was sad, but it was extremly hard to deal with.

He had a dozen of chores to complete, including planning the whole weekend ahead. What to cook, what film to watch, where to take the kids. He wasn't going to be bored for even a second, that's for sure. He will be looking after 6 kids, after all.

He went to sleep that night exhausted, but in a way, looking forward to the weekend. He missed the little troublemakers a lot, and he adored them. He was looking forward to spending time with them, there were just too many obstacles to look out for.

The next day they all arrived at the same time, early in the morning. The Kim family however, was already at the island yesterday, and their two kids slept over at the Jeon house. Since the other parents wanted to be there as early as possible, they had to pass the children off quickly. Some of them, like Yoonseok and Dongwon ran right at their uncle, without sparing a glance to their caretakers, who eventually just waved goodbye as the sons decided they already wanted to be with Seokjin.

Others, like Chaewon and Seung, said goodbye to their parents properly, giving them a big hug and kiss. Little Byeol on the other hand, who didn't have his parents present, hugged Jungkook for an eternity, nearly crying for him to stay. Jungkook laughed at the little one, while rubbing his back comfortingly.

The Jeon family were the only ones, who let their smaller stay. It took a lot of begging for Jungkook to convince Duri that'll be a good idea. The little girl wasn't close with the others, which pained his dad a lot. All his friends kids were unseperable, but for some reason his daughter wouldn't get along with them. He thought this could be a great opportunity for her to make some friends.

Seokjin smiled as he saw the kids say smile wide at their parents, before running after towards the house, screaming "Yayyyy, Seokjin uncle!!!". The smile faded when he turned his head over to the former maknae, who crouched down to his daughter, only for her to reject him and sadly walk over to the house, sulking.