Chapter 14

Hoseok was deep in thought, as he intensely stared at two different cakes; a layered brownie one, with nutella in between, all covered with chocolate, and a caramel one, which had white chocolate cream in the middle, and cookie crumbles on the top.

The waiter got so intimidated by his deadly gaze, she decided he'll come to her if he needs something, no need to stand too close.

The reason for his seriousness was that he was choosing his only son's first birthday cake. It HAD to be perfect, there's no way he could handle if his little prince wasn't satisfied! So he has been standing there, for about 30 minutes now, trying to make this vital decision.

He already had chosen the colourful and glittery 'happy birthday' letters for the cake, and of course a big '1' candle, but now he came to the hardest part.

Minji tried to convince him that choosing the chocolate cake was a perfect decision, but Hoseok was determined to go back, and buy a vanilla ice cream cake he spotted on his way out.

"Hoseok, my love, Kwang loves chocolate, and he's only 1 year old, he won't complain....besides the celebration is starting soon, don't make a scene now!" she tried to reason with him, as he was searching for his car keys.

"Alright, if our little prince is upset, then I'll blame it on you and you'll get to live with that shame for the rest of your life, not me!" He stormed up the stairs to tell this information to the birthday boy.

"Alright darling." she said as she turned back to stirring the soup for dinner.

         -

Jungkook was first to arrive, 10 minutes earlier than expected, and alone.

Minji greeted him with a hug full of love, as always. "It's so nice to see you! But....where's Hana and Duri?"

"Duri said she can't leave before her nails fully dry, which takes exactly 65 minutes, so she'll be here in 20, and Hana of course didn't want to come with me..." he started to fidget with the handle of the bag he carried.

Minji kindly petted him. "That's alright, I'm always happy to see you! Is this Kwang's?" she took a peak at the unknown bag.

"Yes! I picked it myself, I hope he'll like it!" he smiled his bunny smile."Have you given your present yet...?"

"No not yet, I'll do when everyone does." she winked at him, and he winked back knowingly.

"Jungkook-ah! So great to see you! How was christmas? First holiday with the kids, huh?" Hoseok came in carrying his beloved son who had a crown on his head, obviously.

Everyone was arriving in the next half an hour, except for Taehyung's family, as the two kids caught a cold and had to be taken care of. At least Loren said that Taehyung will go over with the gift after dinner, and they were very sorry of not being able to attend.

Multiple tables were pushed together so that all the families could take a seat. Everyone was chatting away about their christmas, and new years eve and kids. Only Minji couldn't participate properly, as she was the server of the kid's table. Although half of them couldn't talk, the youngsters understood each other pretty well, which amazed all the adults. Now they were playing with food, much to Minji's dismay, but she had no choice but to let them, as that's what the birthday prince wanted.

Finally, when it was time for the cake, Taehyung arrived with a huge box in hand, and an excited smile on his face.

"Happy birthday to you" was sang so loudly, the next street was now aware of Jung Kwang's birthday. The kids didn't know the lyrics, but laughed and screamed along anyways, enjoying the adult's childishness for once.

Kwang got help from his friends for blowing the candle, and a huge applause followed it.

Of course, as always everyone 1 year old does with their first cake, he smashed into it, throwing it everywhere from his face to the ground, to the walls and to Yoonseok's face. And of course, as always every 1 year olds parents does, Hoseok and Minji filmed the whole thing cooing at their little boy.

After cleaning the kids up, it was time for gifts. The birthday boy was fascinated by every toy he got, especially the big boat he got from Taehyung, which came with a controller. After there was no more gifts left, and the children started to try out the things he got, Minji asked for everyone's attention.

"So today is a very special day. It's our first born's first birthday." Everyone clapped and "woo"ed to this. "And I have a gift to give for him, and his amazing dad." Hoseok looked at her in confusion."To our little prince, I shall give a little princess, or prince, to rule with...I'm pregnant." Hoseok's jaw dropped and went to hug and kiss his love out of happiness.

"YES! YES! I HOPE IT'S A PRINCESS! AH I'M SO HAPPY!" he started to dance around, making everyone laugh.

Friends went around congratulating the couple, and even the older kids did, even though they didn't have a clue of what's going on, just followed their parents.

After the party ended, and the birthday prince was finally asleep, Hoseok climbed into bed and hugged his love very closely.

"How long have you known?"

"Just a couple of weeks. I wanted to surprise you."she kissed him.

"You make so happy everyday of my life, I can't even understand how."he kissed her passionately. Then turned the light off, and cuddle her.

"Did anyone know?"the question popped up in his head a couple of minutes later, and he said it before he thought it over.

"Just Jungkook."

"Oh..." that was unexpected."Why him? I mean...you too seem to be close."

Minji started laughing."How can you be jealous of him?! Oh my god you, talking nonsense. Yeah, we get along well, I just have this feeling, that he needs to be taken care of, even he pretends he doesn't..."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what? Let's talk about this some other time..."

"Good night"

"Good night"

Not proof read sorry