Chapter 39

Jungkook P.O.V.
Jimin was already standing in front of the school by the time he got there with Vanechka. He greeted him with a warm smile, which calmed his insides a bit. Though his daughters were much calmer and well behaved than either of his, this was going to be his third time setting off a child to the road of education, so he trusted his composure.

Taehyung and Minji came right after him. Changnim bouncing next to his father and Aeri dragging her mother, nearly running to the entrance. The little girl's enthusiasm made him smile.

He looked down at his own daughter, who was jumping from one feet to the other in excitement, talking with Huiseon. He couldn't believe that she was already going to school! Between worrying and trying to get everything together for this day, he didn't even have time to think about what this means.

This was the first step to growing up and she was already taking it. Time flew by so fast, he got whiplash. He remembers when these four kids were only babies, babbling to each other on their playdates. Now they are entering first grade. What a rough day to be a dad.

"Hey Vanechka?" he squatted down to her height. "Promise me you'll behave okay? Just stick with the girls, and listen to your teachers! Promise me!"

"Yes, yes. I will." she was already trying to take off into the school.

"I mean it! I believe in you." he kissed her on the cheek one last time before she slipped her little hand out of his and ran off to join her classmates.

He wasn't taking it well. It took a lot of effort to keep the tears in. He could still feel her small hand in his.

"And now we hope it all goes well." Jimin jokes and Minji laughs along.

They walked away with all the other parents who left their children in the cold hands of the school system. He bid his goodbye to his friends, but before he could leave Taehyung grabbed his shoulder.

"Hey Jungkook. Can we talk for a minute?" he asked in a small voice.

"Sure."

"Come on."

They walked a bit further from the school, to streets that wasn't filled with peoole or vehichles.

"I know today is hard for you." Jungkook didn't really want to talk about his emotions right now, but he decided to listen to his hyung anyways. "You and Vanechka are really close and her starting school is very stressful for you, I can tell. " he took a deep breathe. "I get it. And I'm not saying this because I have children of my own. I get it, because I know your daughter aswell. I know you're scared that she won't fit in and problem will come after problem, but it's going to be okay. She's not alone, she has her friends, her partners in crime." That made both of them laugh. "And you're not alone either. You have us. And Duri of course." he offered a warm smile.

"Right." he tried to give the energy back. "It'll all be just fine."