Chapter 48

"Hey" Jungkook carefully went into his daughter's room. She was sitting on her bed, sheets spread around her. Once her dad entered, she hurriedly stuffed them under her blanket. "What do you get there, sweetie?" He sat down next to her.

He gets along very well with his daughter. She has her own world, snd she doesn't listen to him, ever, but Jungkook knows that his efforts at being a dad aren't overlooked, and she likes him. But recently, she has been weirdly secretive. She hides a lot of things from him, and even Hwan isn't happy when he's with her. He doesn't know how he could approach her about it, so he has been laying off that talk for awhile.

"You're going to Chae's tonight, but you've been so busy, I bought a costume for you." He anxiously pulled out a package. "Here it is..."

He shyly handed it to her. She was a bit unsure. But she had to give it a try. She promised her dad and Hwan that she'd go and have fun tonight. Even though the plan isn't secure yet...she was going to have to forget about that for one night. Tonight.

"It's a..." she tried her best to recognize the costume, but it just looked like a vintage outfit. "What is this?"

"It's Violet!" Jungkook eyed his daughter expectantly. His smile was big. Guilt grumbled in her stomach. "From that movie you and Hwan always watch! A series of unfortunate events?"

There's no way he just walked into a store and found a costume for Violet. He must've picked the clothes himself, spending so much time and effort on it. She loved it. But for that reason, her smile had to be painfully forced.

"Right! I see it now." Jungkook smiled proudly. "Thanks Dad. It's awesome."

"Of course, I just want you to have fun tonight with your friends." His smile fell for a moment. "You haven't really been with them ever since the divorce." He finally named the subject that is constantly on their minds. "I'm not sure why that is?"

"Uh, sorry, but I have to get ready. You know, clothing is one thing but the hair and makeup..." She jumped off the bed. Theyl both realized the same thing. Jungkook now had access to the papers she hid earlier. They both knew they were there. All he had to do was reach out and pull away the blanket. Then he'd see it all, whatever V was hiding.

His daughter's eyes were shaking. Her eyes darting between him and her work. With a sigh he got up. "Tell me when you're down, I'll walk you to Jimin's."

A/N: Hi everyone!

This is important.

So, I'm not sure when you started reading this story, or how you found it, but some of you might know where this all began. (And if you are such an ancient reader, I sincerily thank you for sticking around)
I started high school the same year I started writing "Our kids?!" the first part of this story.
Today, I finished high school.

It's been long.
It's been four years.
There's so much happiness and love my readers and the wattpad community has given me. Whenever I felt beaten I could come here and see all your sweet comments and interactions. When I saw you laugh, worry and be happy it made me happy. So thank you.

I just wanted to let you know that.
Thank you, truly

It's been a journey, from where I started to where I am now. I'm glad I had this, (you all) by my side.