Chapter Thirty: Power Advancement {Part Two}

Yes it was Toushiro's POV last time, but it's time to switch it up a bit. Either one of the main character's POV will continue if need to be. Or they will be skipped entirely for the plot. That's what is going to happen from now on. Enjoy the story! ^_^

It a different feeling completely.

To be submerged in water, and to see the various lives both small and big in this lake thrive, it was really a whole new world.

I could even understand what the aquatic creatures and animals were saying. Some were melodic sounds with clicks, others with hissing sounds, and some spoken even the human language with a mix of their own.

"The world under the waters is a true mystery," Aqua's voice spoke. "An unknown treasure unseen. An abysmal cavern unexplored. A secret that is hidden just waiting to be undiscovered."

I looked at the giant wolf-like serpent. Well...she was a mixture between a fish, a wolf, and an aquatic serpent. Her front legs and upper body of a wolf, with fur a shimmering blue. Two pairs of grey fins on her side, and they seem to be made of blubber like on whales. Her tail belonged to a serpent meant to live underwater. 16 feet in length, covered in blue scales with the same white markings on my body, and a large black fin. Her eyes were black with amber pupils, and a pair of whiskers on the side of her snout.

Aqua-wavelonic is 27 feet in total from snout to the end of her tail.

The Ele Orb of Water was embedded in her chest. The last time I saw it, waves were a torrent and violent, but now I saw calm waters under the surface.

"Master Toushiro," Aqua once more brought me out of my thoughts. "Your least favorite element is water, correct?"

"I wouldn't say that...it's just difficult."

"Because you don't know its foundation."

I stared at her silently.

"What are the sayings they say about water? Specifically, rain."

"Like 'it's raining cats and dogs'?"

Aqua-wavelonic rolled her eyes but nodded reluctantly. The saying does sound stupid, but many use it anyway.

"I remember a saying long ago 'rainfall hardens the ground'. Meaning adversity builds a person's character."

"That's perfect! Yes, it surely is true. Each raindrop counts as a challenge to the ground to maintain its hardness and stability. So, take your inability to control water as a challenge.

"Water is based from the foundations of emotion. The colder a person is, the more difficult it is to control the element. Master Toushiro, you're known for your cold attitude as much as Kuchiki. However, you are still young and have a big heart for those close to you, like Kuchiki as well. You must let yourself express more. Release your restrictions and let the emotions awaken your heart."

"Are you asking me to drown myself in emotions?"

"Better than being a human popsicle..." Aqua growled.

Immediately, a flash of Hyorinmaru's frozen form popped into my head.

Aqua noticed my still form, realizing what she said she sighed.

"Forgive my lose tongue, and rapid mind. However, your friend would be proud for how far you have come. There are still many trials ahead. You must be prepared, lest your uncle decides to take advantage of your weaknesses. 'Cover your head, instead of your bottom'."

I swam around the lake for an hour longer before returning to the surface. Aqua-wavelonic had the right idea, but after years of acting the aloof, intelligent, prodigy of the Gotei 13 it won't be easy to get out of the habit.

The Ele Orb of Water...founder of emotions. What an iconic, but also troublesome element. There is more to this element, however, I know it. Each element always has it price, condition, or trial that is required for full control. I hadn't even reached that point for any of the other two orbs, Lightning and Winter.

It makes me wonder how the ones before us achieve full potential of the orbs. I wonder how Kuchiki and Kurosaki are doing in their training as well. Are they any closer to the truth as I am?

Suddenly, I felt a chill up my spine. Then an explosion of power happened far east of the dome. A bright green-white pillar shooting towards the sky.

Activating my lightning ability, I raced towards the pillar. Kuchiki was either making an advancement or was in trouble.

Uncle Carmiensky, Kurosaki, and I arrived at the same time to see the pillar fainting away.

Kuchiki was...different.

His black hair became longer, shimmers in the flecks of light, flowers now bloomed to full blossom and glowing with life. Two pieces of hair decorated in golden leaves and twisted tightly. His outfit changed to a three-layer kimono, usually meant for nobles. Green over white, the designs of flowers in vibrant colors of amber, pink, and light blue outlined in gold, and a diaphanous light green coat showed cranes in flight through the clouds. A single piece of flowing white fabric wrapped around his arms. His skin took on a more ivory, ethereal tone, making him look more divine.

"What the hell? Byakuya, what happened?" Kurosaki exclaimed.

The Nature Guardian narrowed his eyes slightly, most likely from the informality.

"He has broken through," Carmiensky said. "Congratulations, Guardian Kuchiki, you have made it one step closer to Incarnation."

"Wait what?"

We all looked towards Carmiensky in confusion.

"I have already mentioned that you need to find a spouse, but there are two other conditions," Carmiensky explains. "You need to reach Icarius, which is another stage in magical procession as a Guardian. I'm shocked, Kuchiki, you reached it early than I thought. It usually takes 30 years longer from now before you reach this stage."

"Even I haven't even reached this point either," Shuhei commented.

Kuchiki sighed softly. "Then what's the next achievement?"

"You have to earn Spiritual Resonance, which comes first before Icarius. Spiritual Resonance is what gives us Guardians the 'god like' presence, but also allows us to come closer to understanding our Ele Orbs."

Well there is one way to come closer to understanding the Ele Orb of Water.

"I'll leave the rest to you all to figure out. Everyone has different experiences when it comes to these things. I can only give details on how to get there, but not for any of the trials that the orbs give you.

"Becoming a Guardian...I hope you all can figure out its true meaning soon..."

My uncle walked away after leaving that ominous message.

"Yesh...there is so much to do in such a short amount of time," Kurosaki said. "It's not going to be a walk in the park like back in the Soul Society."

"And that's where your problem lies, Kurosaki," Kuchiki said. "This isn't the Soul Society, nor the same dimension, anymore. This is completely new. The past few years we have been adapting. Now it is time to fully assimilate and broaden our knowledge as to what it means to be a Guardian of a Dimension."