Chapter Twenty: Elemental Training {Part 4}

Yuu decided it was time for them to return to the field where they trained last time. The Head Captain has also agreed that it would be better if they focus more on the much more bigger task at hand than their captain duties. 

"Their lieutenants should be able to handle it," Kyoraku said.

Toushiro and Yuu gave each other a knowing glance and sighed. It was the one of defeat.

"If I really do leave, then nothing will get done!"

"Toushiro, have a bit more faith in Rangiku, a new captain will be assigned and he or she will make sure that the paperwork gets done," Yuu reassured.

"Well good luck to them then..."

Yuu and Shuhei decided to test their elemental strength against each other while the other's trained inside their spiritual realms with their companions.

The first being Byakuya Kuchiki.

Back in the orb's domain of nature, Byakuya has come to appreciate the world around him more. Iricry-Sakura was wrapped around his neck and part of her body also wrapped around him arm. She was in her normal green snake form, but the captain could see the intelligence in her eyes that separate her from the rest.

"So what is it that I have to learn, Iricry-Sakura?"

"Nothing much. Thisss time you must learn to resonate with the Ele Orb of Nature. By doing so you will upgrade your powers exponentially. Note that thisss takes othersss a very long time because none has done it in one sssitting."

Byakuya nodded and stepped towards the familiar giant tree.

"Master," Senbonzakura's voice said from behind him.

"Are you sure you're ready?"

"What do you mean?"

"Once you do this, there is no turning back. You will officially become the Guardian of Nature and Animals. You will have to leave your old life behind."

Byakuya thought long and hard about what Senbonzakura has just said.

All his life he has obeyed the higher ups of his noble clan. Not aloud to do many things that would bring disgrace on his family (not that he would want to anyway). Now he would have a kingdom, a realm, of his own to rule and protect. Sure, he would still be bound by rules but not as strict. For him, this would be close to freedom than he would of ever had. He would have to sacrifice a lot though. His trusted lieutenant, Renji, and many others he has come to see as friends and family of his own.

Leave the old world for a new one full of dangers and mysteries he has yet to discover.

Would he do this?

After a moment longer, Byakuya turned back towards his most trusted friend and companion.

"The realm needs me more than here."

Senbonzakura, if he could smile, he would of smiled at his master as he felt the pride through him. His master has grown and now it's time for him to spread his wings and take flight to a new world.

With determination, Byakuya stepped towards the orb again and put his hand against it's surface. Immediately, he was drawn in and disappeared from view.

Senbonzakura, watched as he left and then himself also began to disappear from view. Iricry-Sakura gave him a worrying glance.

"Do not worry, it was for the best."

"He'sss going to kill me for thisss. In fact, he'll lash out at everyone..."

"Like I said, it's for the best. If he knew then he would of not done this."

"Sen..."

"Take good care of him, you are his companion now and you will do your duty proud."

Iricry-Sakura wept a single tear from her crystal blue eyes as she watch the zanpackuto accept his fate and disappear in a whirl of cherry blossom petals. The wind carrying him far away and throughout his master's conscious. He will now always remain a memory, but forever in his master's heart.

"Goodbye...Senbonzakura...Warrior of Cherry Blossomsss...."