Chapter Seventeen: Knowledge of the Realms and Emotions

"Is there anymore secrets you like to tell me?" Toushiro questioned his mother.

Yuu, or Validamon, looked at his son with a tired look. Physically, Yuu was exhausted after casting those light spells and many other spells during the battle. Mentally, however, it was another thing that was waning his energy. Toushiro did give him some space for a few days or that was him thinking of how to interrogate him. Whatever the means, Yuu was in no mood to be interrogated. He himself was still figuring out who the hell were Calivera and Daomin.

"Instead of interrogating me about secrets, find out more about your abilities and the realms you are guarding." That was Yuu's only answer.

Toushiro sighed, knowing that this would happen. He saw the gears turning in Yuu's eyes. His mother has been like that since the battle a few days ago. Most likely trying to find out his uncle's motives. Now that Toushiro thought about his uncle, he realizes that the lord of the Underworld Realm is actually his great granddad. 

Oh the dramatic irony of family.

The ice captain sighed again and went towards the shoji doors to get some fresh air.

"I'll be back in a few hours or so," Toushiro said.

Flash stepping to the training arena, which is a grassy field with only a medium sized building that holds of other things for training. Surprisingly, Toushiro also saw Ichigo and Shuhei there. They seem to be discussing something and he could only hear faintly of what they are saying.

"So you mean to tell me, your realm is the underworld but only from a part of it?" Ichigo said bewildered and confused.

"Yes, a good size part of the Underworld belongs to people like me. According to what Shimisen told me, it's a dull world. It's almost like the Hollows' place, Hueco Mondo, except there is no sky whatsoever in the Underworld, you can only tell by the lighting of the place of what time it is."

"Really? That does sound dull."

"Here's the best part. The sands are grey, and immediately once you step into our section of the underground, you are blinded slightly. It's a defense mechanism. You won't see the Guardian or his or her companion coming, along with other things that keep our area safe to live in.

If you are a trespasser but with good intent, they'll guide you to the town and help you find your way. If with bad intent, the Guardian can command your immediate execution.

Really, it's their only know of how to live. You rarely escape from there either. Once you become part of our world for a while, you rarely want to leave the place unless you have to. Then you ask the Guardian for permission and protection to leave to go wherever you need to in the Underworld, but you must return there. Staying away too long will cause your soul to start disintegrating into nothing. Once that happens, you are never to be reincarnated again."

Ichigo listened intently of what everything Shuhei was saying. Little did that know, Toushiro was too.

"Wow, and did you see it? Well, you know."

"No, I only know by description. However, I am curious as much as you."

"I wonder if they expect us to return to the realms we are guarding."

"Most likely they are," Toushiro finally spoke.

The two soul reapers turned sharply to where the captain was standing.

"Toushiro! How long were you there?"

"Long enough to hear Shuhei describing his realm."

"Oh..."