Chapter Six: Paranormal Dreams and Discovery {Part 1}

Toushiro yawned for probably the seventieth time that day and groaned with irritation. Rangiku, looked at her captain worryingly. Yuu, however, looked at him expectantly. Toushiro hadn't said a word about the weird dreams he kept having for the past few months now. He also didn't want to. There was a feeling in his gut to not tell anyone of his dreams, except Yuu. Yuu was god-like material so he is bound to know what is wrong with him.

"Captain," Rangiku's voice said from above him.

She held out a finger, a hell butterfly was there. He held out his own, the butterfly switched fingers and immediately it replayed a message. Another captain's meeting is being held and it is of importance from months earlier. Have they found out about the hole in the sky and the beast? The ice captain sighed and stood up from his desk.

"I'll be heading out. Continue working and then you are done for today."

Both of them say, "Yes sir!"

At the meeting, the 12th Divison Captain, Kurotsuchi, has found a bit of information about the site that Ichigo and Kazui has seen months back.

"It looks like a black hole to the naked eye," the captain began. "However, it is a connection, like a wormhole, to another place. Even a realm."

"A connection to another realm?" Shunsui says stunned.

"Yes, yes."

"What about the beast? Is is strong?" Captain Zaraki asked.

"Of course you'd be worried about strength, but to answer your question yes it is. It's more stronger than the Sokyoku even."

"More stronger than the Sokyoku? Impossible!"

"You're forgetting, hard-head, that this monster does not belong in this world. It was transferred here along with that mysterious person."

"Speaking of mysterious, Captain Hitsugaya, is Yuu Kanavagh innocent?"

Toushiro nodded his head, but he hesitated for a split second which only the most observant would of caught, like Byakuya Kuchiki.

"It was only a coincidence that Yuu was transferred at the same time of the incident. Yuu himself explained that he has never seen a creature of such a size before. However, he has read myths about it. It isn't of our kind of myths though. It is something completely foreign."

"Really?" the scientist mused.

"Yes. Not of Japanese origin, but somewhere that holds of mythology called Norse mythology."

"Ah yes, Norse mythology was originated from people who called themselves Scandinavians. Norse mythology was created from their religions and beliefs while mixed with the gods the Germans believed. It all started very long ago as far as 9th century AD from the Northern Germanic tribes that told stories of their gods and the Scandinavians Southern tribes with their language and stories. Norse mythology main home, however, is Denmark, Norway and Sweden." Kurotsuchi informed.

"It was also preserved in the Germanic form though. It is only more acknowledged in those regions."

"Precisely."

"So we should do more research on mythology?" Soi Fon questioned skeptically. "What if this is all a wild set up?"

"Well then this would be an interesting chase, but Ichigo has nothing to gain in tricking us when there are many connection and question. Wasn't that shadow tiger enough proof that Ichigo is telling the truth?" Kyoraku stated.

Soi Fon had no answer to that. Toushiro understood the question and caution coming from her. However, she is also more logical and not open-minded that mythology can be involved with this.

"Kurosaki is also the most likely candidate to know more about mythology than us," Toushiro added.

A few other captains nodded in agreement before Kurotsuchi said, "Are you saying that my technology can't find what we need?"

"Can't hurt to look in books every once in a while. You do know that too much screen time can hurt the eyes right?"

A few captains chuckled.

"Alright, alright, let's not fan the flames. Captain Hitsugaya and Captain Kurotsuchi, I expect sufficient results after this."

"Yes, Head Captain," both replied.

Toushiro also kept in mind to see how much Yuu knows about Norse mythology.

And with that the meeting is over. For Toushiro though it was only the beginning.