Chapter Fourteen: Forgotten Family

Another captain's meeting was held a few weeks later. Yuu was allowed to attend as he apologized for being a deceiver from the beginning. Head Captain Kyoraku understood though.

"It's really to protect your own realms from being discovered by people that shouldn't be meddling in them, isn't that right?"

"Yes, Head Captain," Yuu gave a small relieved sigh.

"Haha, I don't know if you should really be calling me that when you are something of a bigger position. You're older than me as well."

"Age does not matter, it's experience. I don't have such, so in terms as of now I am still your fellow soul reaper."

Toushiro gave an amused smile and Byakuya was silently praising his words. Ichigo just gave a pat on the head.

"Most importantly," Rukia said. "You wanted to tell us about the new things you've all learned."

"Yeah," Ichigo replied. "Yuu told us about our roles as Guardians of the realms. The real danger here, is actually his father's brother. He wants to control all of the realms and dimensions, but his intention as to why is unclear."

"I get your roles in all of this, but what does this have to do with the Soul Society?" Soi Fon questioned.

Yuu looked away for a moment. This is not going to be good.

"The Soul Society is still considered a realm," Toushiro said. "Also it is much closer to the realms we are to protect too. We are most likely in his range."

"If that's true then...but does Yuu's father protect the other realms? The Soul King looks after us."

Toushiro went silent at that. Then he looked at Soi Fon with an understanding gaze. What would Yuu's father have business with the Soul Society, other than his son being here? Is there something the Soul Society is hiding that they don't know about? 

"Kavanaugh?" Ichigo asked. "Is something wrong?"

Yuu's hands were trembling while clenched into fists. His teeth were gritted together, fortunately he wasn't biting his tongue. Toushiro walked towards him slowly.

They were almost the same height, Yuu being taller than him by a few centimeters. They looked very much alike as well, except for the hair and eyes. Yuu's eyes were full of anguish.

"...Yuu?"

The dam broke and he broke down sobbing.

"I'm sorry, Toushiro!"

"What do you mean? What's going on?"

"Haven't you always wondered...who your parents were?"

Toushiro's eyes widen. He hadn't thought about that question in years, but it would pop up a few times during some occasions.

"What...? Where is this coming from?"

Ichigo looked at Byakuya in alarm. The captain's own eyes were also widened slightly in understanding.

"Forgive me...Himoco."

Toushiro gasped. That name...from the note.

"D-Did you...write..."

"No, that was my father. However, I gave you that name...when you were born."

"When...I was..."

"Toushiro...I didn't want to reveal it so soon. However, it's for the best."

Toushiro's own form was trembling now. He felt a bit dizzy too.

"Toushiro Himoco Eiji Hitsugaya.... You are my son."