Chapter Three: Yuu's Zanpackuto

Warning: There is a bit of violence in this chapter!

Yuu looked at his captain skeptically as he sat at his desk working on paperwork. Yesterday, after the captain's meeting, Captain Hitsugaya fainted suddenly when Yuu came into the office after him to give him a report. Shocked and concerned, he checked on him and found a piece of paper was in his hand. Yuu immediately knew who sent this letter and hid it in his shikosho. He called for Rangiku and they sent him to the 4th Division barracks. After Toushiro was given the okay to leave the Division and return to work, the young captain and his two helpers went back to the 10th Division. However, Yuu knew that Toushiro was beginning his first steps into a new world.

1 month later....

Toushiro was summoned by the Head Captain for a mission of unknown origin.

"Ichigo Kurosaki has sent me another notice a few weeks ago about another unknown being entering the world of the living. It wasn't the same beast from the last meeting. Instead it is something completely of shadows. Apparently, it can travel by shadows and is made of shadows and therefore impossible to kill. It almost killed five people but he was able to scare it off just in time."

"You want me to investigate?" Toushiro asked.

"That and I want you to capture one with the device the 12th Division captain will supply you with when you begin your mission."

Toushiro nodded in understanding.

"Captain Hitsugaya," Shunsui's tone took on a serious tone which is very rare. "I want you to take your new recruit, Yuu Kanavagh with you. As we know, he is the most suspected person from the last time. I want you to monitor him as he works with you."

"Understood, Head Captain Kyoraku."

A few hours later, Toushiro and Yuu headed off into the World of the Living. Ichigo and Kazui met them at Urahara's Shop to get them gigais.

"Hello Kurosaki and Captain Hitsugaya," the blond-haired man greeted cheerfully as he always had. Toushiro still hasn't gotten use to it and almost wanted to plug his ears but restrained himself.

"Oh? And who is the newcomer?"

"This is my new third seat, Kanavagh Yuu."

Yuu bowed low to Urahara with a nod after.

"Welcome! My name is Keisukei Urahara. You may just call me whatever though."

After getting Toushiro and Yuu into their assigned gigai, they all met in the main room. Yuu looked just fine, Toushiro thought with some surprise. Usually those that got into a gigai for the first time felt uncomfortable and sometimes fragile, but Yuu act as if he done this a thousand times. Yuu is wearing a black turtleneck shirt with bootcut jeans decorated with swirls on the calves and thighs and black high-heeled boots.

"So the mission at hand," Urahara began. "It is to capture the shadow entity from three weeks ago."

"Has anymore appeared?" Toushiro asked him.

"No, it was only that one. To put into detail, the shadow entity was shaped tiger like. It was the shape and height of a tiger and it's eyes glowed purple," Ichigo explained.

"Was it strong?"

"My sword couldn't hit him but it traveled by shadows and hated the light, obviously."

"That's because light energy is it weakness," Yuu said, but it was low and hard to hear. "Trap it in the light and it shall die. That's all."

"Not easy to do so and the 12th Division wants to study it as it researches about the previous entity from 2 months ago."