Chapter Fifteen: New Enemies

As the weeks pass by into mid-summer, the four newly found guardians continued to practice their new abilities along with their daily life work. The captain of the tenth division was still trying to come to terms that his mother is still here and alive with him, but not his father, who was the previous Guardian of the Ice Realm. Yuu told him as much as he could remember about his father to him, even though it was painful and it was very long ago. Another weird thing is that Toushiro would only call him Yuu and not mother, but sometimes that would slip on a few occasions. The young captain would make an excuse just to avoid the stares or questioning glances. Of course, those few occasions were the times of embarrassment.

"Hey, captain," Rangiku asked. "What do you really think of the situation?"

"What do you mean, Matsumoto?"

Toushiro looked up from the paperwork he is doing to the pile that she is doing. They recently got Rangiku to get started on a few stacks of paperwork, thanks to Yuu saying she'll be rewarded with alcoholic drinks from his realm if she does do her share. That got her into doing her work quick after few months or so, but still progress nonetheless.

"Well you have amazing new abilities, amazing looking companions, and a danger that hasn't made itself apparent in a while."

"Wait, have you been spying on us when Yuu bring us to training? How do you know I have amazing looking companions?"

Rangiku just gave an innocent smile and waved her hand is a dismissive gesture. He knew he hit home. He sighed.

"Don't worry, I haven't told anyone yet."

"While that's good at the same time they're going to figure it out sooner than later."

"It will come as a shock, but I get the feeling that they'll accept the change. We all will have faith in you in the future."

Toushiro gave Rangiku a rare, small smile. Her words were always a comfort in dark times, and he now has come to accept and is very grateful that she said that to him. Rangiku realized her captain's small worries and has put them to ease for now. 

Her words will be put to the test.

Just then a hell butterfly has flown in through the open window. Toushiro raise his hand so it could land on his finger. Captain Kyoraku's voice played through to them.

"There has been a sighting of more shadows in Karakura Town. The people that are going are as followed. Captain Toushiro Hitsugaya and Captain Byakuya Kuchiki are the leaders. Rangiku Matsumoto, Renji Abarai are the co-captains of this mission. I advise to take a large group of soul reapers with you as there are more than thirty of them."

The hell butterfly flew off. Toushiro cursed under his breath, normal zanpackuto's can't do much of anything against these shadow beings unless they are a light type.

"Matsumoto, let's go!"

"Yes, sir!"

Meanwhile, in Karakura Town, Ichigo Kurosaki was leading a group of shadows away from his home so he won't burn anything on accident. These shadows were a mixture of tigers, birds, horses, and more. He even saw a shadow creature that looked to be a mixture of bird and lion.

He came to a familiar clearing and brandish Zangetsu.

"Well, ain't this some fun?" Vollumina's voice came to his head.