Chapter Four: A Godly Secret

"Captain Hitsugaya," Yuu called. "Get the device ready."

The ice captain came out of his shock and withdrew the device from his cloak. It was a circle-like device with a single button with an engraving of a kido to capture it in the device.

Yuu nodded to himself and began to wave his sword in the air. A single light point formed on the tip and encircled the blade. The blade turned to a brilliant white with golden stars flowing from it.

"Seal, enclose, capture the shadow in a box of Heaven's light, Balami."

Tendrils of light shot from the sword and quickly formed a box of light around the shadow tiger, who roared in fury and clawed at it's enclosure. Toushiro took the cue and pressed the button. The device took off into the sky and a cyclone is soon created and sucking in the shadow tiger. In seconds, the tiger is gone but alive, mercifully.

"Kurosaki," Toushiro called to him. "Are you alright?"

"Sort of," Ichigo looked down at his bleeding leg.

Yuu saw the injury and his sword pulsed a green light. It turned into a green blade with flowers engraved on the surface. He touched one side of the blade to the wound and soon skin, muscle, and cell stitched back together and the wound is nothing more than a scar.

"Wow!" Kazui said in amazement.

"How is your zanpackuto able to do light and healing abilities?" Toushiro asked.

"Who said that it was the zanpackuto?" Yuu questioned back.

Now they all were stunned once again. Is he saying that it is purely his own ability? That's impossible for anyone, even with kido.

"That makes no sense..." Toushiro murmured to himself. Yuu sighed and looked at them seriously. In fact, it was almost threatening.

"You cannot tell anyone of what you have saw."

"What do you mean?" Kazui asked curiously.

"My abilities are not known by anyone, and for good reason. Should others find out about me then I'll be hunted, captured, and experimented for more power."

"You're that powerful that you have to be kept hidden?" Toushiro said, bewildered still.

"It's not only me, but I can't say that either. I'm something and not something of the circle of life. If anyone should get a hold of me you all will be in danger and I cannot allow that. I'm suppose to remain secret anyway but I allow you three to see because it is both mandatory and I trust you will keep it to yourselves. I may have known you for a short amount of time, but I do trust you."

Ichigo and Toushiro shared a glance. A secret understanding of what is in front of them now. Yuu is correct, Toushiro thought. His kind of power can be used as a leverage for someone of a darker purpose.

"Alright, we'll keep your secret. In return, however, we want to know of whatever you can tell us," Toushiro said.

Yuu nodded and mentally was relieved that they understood. He could not give them much info about him at the same time, but enough so they can figure it out on their own.

"I can agree to those terms, but I'll give you a single hint right now. I'm like a god, but not. I control time and matter but I am not their master. What am I?"

"You gotta be kidding!" Ichigo exclaimed. "I hate riddles!"

"Unfortunately, I cannot give you any straightforward information. Only riddles of a troll."

Ichigo groaned in annoyance and defeat, Kazui giggled at his father's misfortune again, and Toushiro gave a single nod and a emotionless face mask as always.

The chapter is short I know but it's for a good reason. >~<

Anywhoooo...I hope you all enjoyed this chapter too!

The answer to the pop quiz is (D. More than you think) If you looked closely into this chapter in Yuu's riddle it is a dead give away. But in the previous chapter, I already gave you the answer as I described Yuu's transformation as his "zanpackuto" was released.

Also these pop quizzes will pop up randomly so keep a look out readers! See you next time! ^_^