Chapter Twenty-Three: Departure

For the past months until winter time, Toushiro and the others have been mastering their newly amplified powers. They still have a long way to go. Along with their training came their sorrows of losing their zanpackutos. Ichigo and Hisagi handled it the best, but Byakuya and Toushiro still needed some times. Toushiro began to have nightmares here and there about losing Hyorinmaru, and he was still furious at Misty and the others for leaving that crucial detail about the price out. His uncle also failed to mention to tell them before or just decided not to. The pain has slowly began to filter out, but will forever remain.

It was soon time, however, for the four to leave for their respected realms. The orbs, as Yuu had said, began to give them warnings in their sleep about the realms being thrown into disarray. Yuu felt that they should have more time, but the four said it was time. They knew the day was coming and had prepared for it accordingly.

Orihime and Kazui were going with Ichigo to the Realm of Flames. The rest were going on their own.

Rangiku, Momo, and Jushiro bid their farewells to Toushiro and wished him luck at his new home.

"This will always be my first home," he said to them.

Rangiku wiped the unshed tears away but nodded. Momo gave a weak smile and hoped that he had a pleasant journey. Jushiro gave him a small basket of candy to take with him. For once, Toushiro accepted the treats with gratitude and a rare small smile. He doubt they would last long in the Realm of Winters but he would treasure them nonetheless.

Shuhei and Kira gave each other a farewell hug.

"Stay safe my friend. If you can ever tell me about your stays then do so."

The man gave a nod but his grey eyes were filled with torment at leaving the only place he had considered his home. Not only that, he was tormented to leave his two best friends here too. They've been through so much together. He'll miss him and Rangiku a lot.

Byakuya left without much fan fair but the head masters of the Kuchiki Clan appeared. Rukia was especially saddened to see her brother go, but maybe it will be a good experience for him too. Byakuya wished them all well too on that day.

Kyoraku appeared with Yuu, who was still in his realm form from the day of the ambush.

"I hope the four of you take care," the head captain said.

"We will, Head Captain," Byakuya replied.

"If you ever need us, don't hesitate to call for us," Ichigo said.

The head captain nodded gratefully.

Yuu then stepped forward.

"Know this as well. Time in the realms is different from here. As a day passes in the Soul Society, a week has passed in the realms; as a month passes here, a year has passed there. The realms are always quicker like this so that transferring between was easier and on the correct time when meetings are held."

The rest nodded in understanding.

"Then...let's depart."

Saying words in a language only known to the Void and Realm of the Stars (Astrals), four portals were opened. One blew frost and snowflakes into the area and had an ice blue color. Another spit flames and looked like a vortex of them. A dark grey portal was the last and on the right of the nature portal, which had flowers falling out of it and had a forest green color to it.

Toushiro took a deep breath and walked towards his designated portal first. The corresponding orb glowed brightly and surrounded the captain's form. The young one looked back at the others and gave a single wave of his hand. Then everything went bright around him and he disappeared into the realm.

It happened to the other three as well. 

Soon all of them were gone along with the portals...

Alright! That's part one of this book done!

Now the chapters will be split into perspectives of the four guardians: Shuhei (dark grey), Toushiro (blues and whites), Ichigo (flames), and Byakuya (nature). Look out for those colors and things in order to know who you are reading about. And I know I made Toushiro go into the winter realm first, but soon the other two will merge with it, but first is to get through the politics of that to make it able to do so.

Hope to see you all in the future once this hurricane blows over! Bye~!