Chapter Twenty-Four: Guardian of Three

7 Years Later

The Realm of Winter was more bustling and crowded before. People from the Realm of Sea and Skies have also come to acquaint themselves with their new neighbors. Many have found the benefits of being with people of similar grounds and some have found the side effects too. Fortunately, the benefits weigh more than the bad and people live normally and happily.

Everyone was mostly talking about their new Guardian. A boy that was not much taller than a regular non-magical person in elementary school, hair white as snow with the mixture and proof that the Realm of Winter, Sea, and Sky work together in harmony, skin like silk, and eyes filled with wisdom and intelligence of their teal color.

Those that know the Guardian well know that he was still in the process of getting use to the realms. The responsibility and the expectations, but he stands strong in his determination.

Speaking of the Guardian, the place made of ice and surrounded by thunderheads and water was currently...

"No, no! Concentrate on the feeling! You are delving too much into the logic of water not just the feel of it!"

Councilor of Seas and Representative, Carilo-Yavol, shook his head softly. His short cropped light blue hair with pink highlights framed his round face and blue eyes. His pale blue skin standing out against the white of the palace walls.

Toushiro sighed and stopped focusing period. Water was his most troubling element and currently his enemy too. Water was capricious and whenever Toushiro would tried to make it rise it would instead spill over the fountain. When trying to move it, it would lash out like a whip or just sit still. Summoning water from thin air was not easy at all either. No matter how many times the man said to just feel, he couldn't.

"Sigh, well, lets take a break for now and we'll resume later," Carilo-Yavol surrendered.

"I don't see how water is so difficult," Darvio said.

He was the Realm of Skies' Representative and one of their council members. He had golden-whitish hair, electric violet eyes and a pale complexion. He was only two feet taller than Toushiro while the Seas' Representative stood much taller than them both. Darvio was also more laid back than most of the people here and that made Toushiro more comfortable because he reminded him of Rangiku, except for alcohol and skipping work of course.

"Lightning is more dangerous and capricious than water, Darvio," Carlio-Yavol said.

"Yes, it is but little Shiro figured out how to control lightning more quickly than this."

"True..."

Toushiro sighed softly. He didn't understand magic either, but he may just have more control over ice and lightning because he used ice for most of his life and lightning was a good thing to use when you need to escape or catch someone off guard. Water...it seems very useless to him. Sure, he can manipulate it to make ice and snow like before but anything else than that is a useless thing to him.

"Either way, we'll continue the practice until he can get the basics down. He's intelligent so he can figure out the rest on his own unless he wants to learn spells."

"You know I can hear you guys," Toushiro said finally.

"Yes, Your Eminence, but it's good that you do," Carlio-Yavol said simply.

The young one sighed before standing up and walking back inside the palace.

It's been seven years since he left the Soul Society and began his life as the Guardian of three realms. That means almost a year has passed back at his old home. He hoped the others were doing alright as they said in the letters they sent him every year so far. Most are from Rangiku and how the squad was doing. Their new captain kind and diligent as he was but could never compare to him. They kept Toushiro relieved and happy they're doing fine but it still brought the heartache with them.