Chapter Twenty-Nine: Power Advancement {Part One}

Carmiensky taught us more about our abilities over the remaining time of two weeks. I could feel that I was more in tune with my own spirit and magic more than I was in the past. In addition, I felt I had more control over my ability with water due to his guidance.

"I'm proud to say that you all might actually be ready for the next step into being a true Guardian," Carmiensky said to us.

Ichigo's curiosity was peaked, but also, I could see the dread in his eyes. Most likely thinking that another grueling training was going to happen. The Heavenly Guardian saw this and gave a reassuring smile his way.

"Don't concern with training this time," he said. "This is wholly based on your own capabilities. This step is achieving what you use to call bankai. We call it our Incarnation, which is our true forms, like how our companions have theirs' we too have our own.

How you achieve your Incarnation is when you will be recognized as a true Guardian."

"This is another self-discovery journey," Byakuya stated.

"Correct."

"When did you achieve your Incarnation, Carmiensky?" Ichigo asked.

"To be honest, I only achieved mine 200 years ago. If we put it in the context of your old lives, then I've only achieved my Incarnation 20 decades ago. In our minds that's a baby's lifespan of 5 years. So, I'm actually still an infant in the concept."

Then I asked the forbidden question, "How long has Zarmenthy had his Incarnation?"

Carmiensky gave a concerned look, and that was the answer I needed. Zarmenthy had his before his own older brother, and he was more experienced in the concept of Incarnation.

"I'm the infant in this..." Carmiensky trailed off sadly. "However, elder brother has more experience than anyone in the arts of Incarnation."

"But he cannot interfere in these kinds of matter lightly," Byakuya said. "He has to wait for the right opportunity and circumstance if he wants to help us bring the Underworld Guardian down."

I nodded with Byakuya's statement. This needs careful planning if we want to be assured of victory from higher help. However, I'm still confused as to how we got entangled in this family spat between brothers. My mother also seemed involved in it, as well as my friends and family both new and old. Why is Zarmenthy acting up suddenly? We were just newly appointed as Guardian, and he is already causing trouble for us.

"I should warn you of one of the requirements that you need in order to achieve Incarnation," Carmiensky said.

We all looked up at him slowly. Why was this feeling of apprehension rising in my chest?

"Technically, Ichigo is clear on this department. The two I'm most worried about is Guardian Kuchiki and my nephew."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked, slightly insulted.

Carmiensky gave me a once over, and with a raised eyebrow he said, "Can you find a wife or husband?"

It felt like I was shocked by my own lightning at a 100 voltage.

"So, we need to find a husband or wife because..." Shuhei asked.

"It's like Yin and Yang, you need a balance. Your realm needs two rulers: The Guardian and the Emprellion, which is the equivalent of an empress in a country."

"Wait, wait, so you're married, Carmiensky?" Ichigo asked.

"I just told you one of the conditions as to achieving your Incarnation form. That doesn't exclude me."