Chapter Eighteen: Battle Between Brothers

(Warning: Gory and bloody)

Two months later, after the battle between Calivera and Daomin, an ambush on the Soul Society from the shadow creatures was launched. The soul reapers, caught of guard, is currently managing to fight them off. However, there were new creatures that made it difficult. Dragon like creatures, rhinos, deadly birds with sharp claws and ear piercing screeches, and many more tough animals. The dragon ones were especially difficult, Toushiro and Ichigo managed to handle the dragons while everyone else battled below.

Yuu transformed into his other form in front of everyone for the first time. Most of the soul reapers thought that it was a shikai being released, but for others it was obviously something more than they can comprehend. Three pairs of wings, like a Seraph's, sprouted from his back. Each one big and with it's own design of many elements of the dimensions.

The main four were the big attributes to the shadow creatures' retreat, but it soon turned the other way when Calivera and Daomin made an appearance once more.

Toushiro was just in a middle of a battle with a komodo dragon creature, twice the original size of a normal komodo dragon. With a dazzling, twirling slash of Valtoncry-Xia, the creature dissipated into nothing.

"Not bad, little one," a familiar voice said.

Toushiro turned to his left and blocked an oncoming arrow that went straight for his head. The arrow also dissipated, to show Daomin standing on top of a building with a black bow in his hands. 

Didn't he use daggers before? Toushiro thought.

"I didn't introduce myself properly last time, so lets take it from the top."

Drawing back the string of the bow, a black arrow manifest itself onto the bow. Toushiro got ready to block again.

"I'm Daomin Slyter, son of the Underworld Guardian and heir to the Underworld title."

The young captain's eyes widen at the deceleration. Daomin shot his arrow which multiplied into many more arrows. Using his lightning speed, Toushiro was able to dodge every arrow but was not prepared for a sword to come very close to his eye. In a time space of his own, Toushiro was able to dodge the sword with an faint backwards and a round-house kick to Daomin's side. Causing the heir to be thrown a few feet to the side.

"Not bad, captain."

"Payback," was Toushiro's only reply.

Soon the two were engaged in another fierce combat of blades and flesh. Daomin's weapons would change every so often, trying to catch the young captain off guard. Toushiro had already figured out that his weapon can transform into many, like an illusion. He was mentally preparing himself for any weapon that Daomin throws, slashes, or shoots at him.

Shuhei, was handling a group of creatures of his own when he was almost beheaded by a double-edged scythe that came from no where. He followed the scythe with his eyes as it returned to Calivera's hands. The scythe was huge along with it's double-edged doom look. How the woman was that strong physically with no problem, Shuhei admired.

"Well, I believed we haven't met before, but you're the fourth new Guardian for sure."

"No we haven't. Who are you?"

"I'm Calivera Slyther, but you can also call me the Insanity's Cleaver."

"Sounds very lethal."

"I know right? I'm glad someone agrees with my choice of title!"