eight.nine

CZECH REPUBLIC, EUROPE

CZECH REPUBLIC, EUROPE. 2024

STEVE didn't come out of the bar that night. Both Wren and Zaria were worried about him, having no clue what happened in the bar with Peter, Beck, and Steve. Peter didn't know what happened to Steve either and the adults wanted to keep it that way. No one knew that once Peter left the bar, Beck revealed himself as the evil villain he truly is. Steve went to leave the bar, hoping to warn Wren and Zaria about his discovery but he was stopped by a strong blow to the head.

Currently, Wren was asleep in her hotel room, cuddling a pillow as if it was her missing husband. Zaria was sitting at a desk, watching some of Aurora's video diaries that Peter had brought with him to Europe. She couldn't help but smile sadly as she watched her little sister talk about Tony. Although Zaria hadn't known Tony for very long, he saw how much Aurora cared for him and the fact that he was gone on both Earths while Aurora was still alive on one broke her heart.

"Dad's not going to make it, I just know it," Aurora said to the camera. This video diary was her last one, made minutes before she travelled back in time. She was wearing her time travel suit, sitting in the kitchen at the Avengers Headquarters. "I'm not going to make it either, I'm slowly dying and it's terrifying."

"Rory! Ten more minutes!" Steve shouted from off-camera, Aurora glancing to her left side, nodding in response. She sighed, looking back at the camera.

"I've come to terms with the fact I won't make it, but that doesn't mean I want to die. I wish I could grow old, raise a family, get a job, go off to college, but that stuff won't happen. I had it all planned out, you know. Peter and I would go to our senior prom together as we clearly weren't having dates of our own and he'd fall madly in love with me as I look beautiful in the moonlight. We'd go off to the same college and once we'd graduated and found jobs he would propose. We'd get married, move to a friendly neighbourhood and have kids. We would grow old together, living out the rest of our lives side by side. It sucks that those will remain dreams."

"Hurry up, Rory!" Lorelei exclaimed, popping her head in the frame briefly before exiting the way she entered. Aurora sighed, adjusting the camera.

"Peter, when we save you and everyone else, I want you to move on. I want you to find someone else to go to prom with, to go to college with, to marry, to have a family with, and to grow old with. I love you and want the best for you." Aurora took a short breath, holding her hand up to her heart as she experienced terrible chest pain. After a minute, the pain stopped and she continued her final video diary. "I have one final request, Pete. Keep these videos, keep them so you'll always have a part of me with you. I love you, Pete."

With that the screen went black, Zaria frowning as she turned off the laptop. Exhaling loudly, she fell back into her chair, staring at the ceiling.

"Wren! Blue!" Peter shouted, knocking on the hotel room door. Wren woke up, startled while Zaria waved her hand, opening the door with a swirl of blue light. "I messed up big time!" He exclaimed, entering the room with MJ behind him.