three.two

UNITED STATES, NORTH AMERICA

UNITED STATES, NORTH AMERICA. 2015

SCOTT went searching for Lorelei, something that didn't prove too difficult as she was crying somewhat loudly. She had fucked up, at least that's what Lorelei believed. Telling a man you just met that Tony Stark's daughter was really yours isn't exactly the small talk one should be making. Now, for Scott this was all very odd. A beautiful woman came to find him, to get his help, a beautiful yet stubborn woman who claimed to be the mother of Aurora 'Stark'. He didn't know what to believe, but all he knew was that Aurora needed to be saved and as a hero, it was his job to do that.

"Lore?" He called out, finding the woman sitting by her bicycle, head resting on her knees. "Aurora's your daughter?" Lorelei sniffled, lifting her head up to look at Scott. He sat down next to her, resting her back against the motel wall. "What's going on Lorelei?" She sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "If we're going to work together, I'm gonna need the truth."

"Aurora's my daughter Scott, my daughter who I haven't seen since she was seven. God, I just miss her so much. It pains me to see her with Tony Stark, I mean I'm happy she's found a good home but I want her with me. I've lost so much and I don't want to lose her even more than I already have," Lorelei explained, making sure she left out the time-travel part out of her explanation.

"I'm sorry Lorelei, maybe once we get her back from Taskmaster we can get you some rights?" Scott suggested. Lorelei turned to face him, quickly noticing the sincerity written on his face. "Listen, if we want to get your daughter back, we've got a lot to do. I've worked with someone who didn't like me at the start, actually I think you two would get along very well. Her name is Hope, maybe you've heard of her, she's Hank Pym's daughter. She—"

"Scott! What's your point?" Lorelei interrupted, ending Scott's pointless rant.

"Right, the point. We might not see eye to eye on everything but we have to try and work together otherwise we'll get nothing done. If you want Aurora back, you've gotta hear me out." The brunette woman nodded, wiping away her last few tears. "Alright, let's get to work!" Scott stood up, holding his hand out for Lorelei. She gave him a small smile, taking his hand. Lorelei was quick to let go of Scott's hand once she was on her feet. The simple act of grabbing one's hand made her feel unfaithful to her late husband. Even though he passed away nearly four years ago, and Lorelei had barely seen him in seven years, he was the love of her life and no man could replace him.

"You were right, my idea is shit. I think the only way we can beat Taskmaster is with Aurora's knowledge on him," Lorelei explained as the pair made it back to her crappy motel room. "Clearly Aurora must know how to stop him if he's that adamant on kidnapping her."

"Let's focus on finding out where she could be, then we'll figure out how we're going to save her," Scott said, opening up Lorelei's futuristic laptop and beginning his hacking. "In the mean time, I'm curious of how you met Tony Stark." Lorelei furrowed her brows at Scott's statement.

"I've never met Tony before." Now it was Scott's turn to furrow his brows.

"But, if Aurora's your daughter and Tony's her —" Figuring out what Scott was saying, Lorelei cut him off once again.

"Tony is not her real father. Her father is dead, has been for nearly four years now, although Aurora hasn't seen him since she was two, three," Lorelei explained, Scott nodding silently while she continued to talk, "Cory, that was his name, uh, he worked as a universal aider. He would have to constantly leave Earth and go to other planets, realms, you name it. One mission turned violent and he died."

"Universal aider?"

"Yes, so you know how Thor is from Asgard?" Scott nodded so Lorelei went on, "Asgard isn't the only planet with life besides Earth, there are so many planets and a lot of them aren't as well off as Earth, so Cory's job was to go to the planets that needed the most help."

"You know this sounds too crazy to be true, right?"

"Yes, I guess, but haven't aliens attacked the planet before?"

"You're right there, but if you told someone that story before the Avengers, you'd be called insane," Scott informed her. Lorelei shrugged before sitting next to Scott, watching the computer.

"Tell me about yourself, I mean I know all about the 'being Ant-Man' stuff but not about you." Scott glanced over at Lorelei who was just staring the at screen, not making eye contact.

"Uh, there's not much to say. I used to be a criminal, hacked into a few things, uh, and I have a daughter, Cassie, uh, that's really it. Damn, that makes my life sound sad when you take out the Ant-Man part." Lorelei let out a tiny chuckle at Scott's realization. He smiled at her, the two locking eyes, his chocolate eyes staring into her ocean blue eyes. "I know about your daughter and her father, but what about you?"

"I was a scientist at this big company out in Georgia but I lost that job when I destroyed the lab. I was making a serum with my eldest daughter, Zaria, who knows nothing about science, and she basically made like an atomic bomb in the lab. Zaria then spilt her water into the beaker causing it to explode. Aurora was crawling next to her and I was in the other room. The room caught fire, I got trapped under some debris and the lab was destroyed. On the somewhat bright side of that accident, each of use got powers. Aurora can basically control fire while I can control metal and Zaria can control water," she explained.

"So that's how Aurora got her powers. Everyone thinks it's some sort of witchcraft since neither she or Tony know how she got her powers."

"That's odd. Aurora knows, or knew about the lab accident," Lorelei mumbled to herself, scrunching her brows. Scott opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by a loud beeping. The two turned to the computer screen, seeing camera footage of Aurora trapped inside a pool of water.

"We found her."