four.four

UNITED STATES, NORTH AMERICA

UNITED STATES, NORTH AMERICA. 2016

PETER Parker walked into an apartment where his aunt May was sitting on the couch with Tony Stark and Aurora Jenkins-Stark,

"Hey, May."

"Mmm. Hey. How was school today?" May asked.

"Okay, Rory wasn't at school again. This crazy car parked outside..." Peter stopped when he saw Tony and his eyes widened. Aurora smiled as her best friend walked into the room. Although Peter and Aurora were friends, Peter had yet to meet Tony due to how busy the man was.

"Oh, Mr. Parker."

"Hi Pete!" Aurora grinned, waving. Peter nervously smiled at her, taking out his earbuds.

"Um... What— what are you doing...? Hey! Uh, I'm-I'm-I'm Peter but you already knew that because of Ror— Aurora."

"Tony."

"What are... What are you — what are you — what are you doing here?" Peter asked, stumbling over his words, something Aurora thought was adorable.

"It's about time we met considering your my daughter's best friend. You've been getting my e-mails, right?" Tony said.

"Yeah. Yeah."

"Right?"

"Regarding the..." Peter trailed off before May spoke up.

"You didn't tell me about the grant."

"About the grant."

"The September Foundation," Tony said, Aurora nodding along.

"Right."

"Yeah. Remember when you applied?"

"Yeah."

"You're in business now Pete, he approved. Oh, and don't think he approved because we're friends, it was all you, I had nothing to do with it," Aurora said, looking down at her shoes.

"You didn't tell me anything. What's up with that? You keeping secrets from me now?" May asked, causing Peter to stumble over his words again.

"Why, I just, I just... I just know how much you love surprises, so I thought I would let you know... wh... Anyway, what did I apply for?"

"That's what I'm here to hash out," Tony said.

"Okay. Hash, hash out, okay."

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's aunt," Tony said, looking over at May. Aurora cringed as May seemed oblivious to Tony's flirting.

"Yeah, well, we come in all shapes and sizes, you know?"

"This walnut date loaf is exceptional."

"Let me just stop you there," Peter said, Aurora slightly thanking him.

"Yeah?"

"Is this grant, like, got money involved or whatever? No?" He asked.