six.four

SPACE, THE UNIVERSE

SPACE, THE UNIVERSE. 2017

AURORA, Peter, Tony, and Doctor Strange were aboard the ship approaching the surface of Titan, Aurora staring at Peter.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter asked Tony.

"I think we're here."

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function," Tony said before speaking directly to Peter. "Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?"

"Yep, got it."

"Rory, stick with the wizard." Aurora tore her eyes from Peter before looking at her dad. "Rory?"

"Yeah, yeah, sorry," she whispered, rushing towards Strange.

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta to move at the same time."

"Okay. Okay. Ready." The ring-shaped-ship was heading straight for the center of what looked like a colossal game of jacks. Aurora put her helmet back on as Peter spoke up. "We might wanna turn. Turn! Turn! Turn!" Tony armoured up as the ship clipped large object, losing a good third of its hull in the collision. Peter threw up his helmet at the same time, taking a quick glance at Aurora. Strange stepped between them, Aurora behind him, and created the Shield of the Seraphim around them all. The ship plowed through the dirt and stopped, leaning slightly to one side. Strange helped Tony, now de-helmeted, to his feet; both panting a little from the exertion of arrival.

"You alright? That was close. I owe you one."

"Where's Pete?" Aurora asked as she got up, panting too. Peter then descended from above.

"Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I end up eating you, I'm sorry."

"I don't wanna hear another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?" Tony said, pointing at Peter.

"That wasn't really a 'pop culture reference' Dad," Aurora mumbled, Tony raising a brow as the teenage girl took her helmet off.

"I'm trying to say that... something is coming," Peter said. As the words left his mouth, a grenade rolled into view, and Peter, Strange, Aurora, and Tony getting thrown well back when it fired its energy pulse. Quill, Drax, and Mantis appeared in the doorway. Aurora put her helmet back up, getting her blasters ready.

"Thanos!!!!" Drax yelled as he flung a blade at Doctor Strange, who neatly deflected it with a mystical shield, and in return sent the Cloak of Levitation at Drax's face, half-smothering him and throwing him to the floor. Quill and Tony had a brief dogfight until a magnetic disc pinned Tony face-first to a structure. Aurora then began to fight Quill, grunting as she got knocked down next to her father.

"Ah! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Please don't put your eggs in me!" Peter exclaimed in a panic as he crawled backwards frantically from Mantis. He shot webs at Mantis in a panic, pinning her arms to her body just before Quill flied at him feet-first, kicking him away.