Throne Room

"Holy shit..." Mumbled Roman as he stared at Deceit's' throne room. It was larger than the one in his own palace by a lot. The pillars extended out with and showed off intricate patterns of large, realistic cobras. The King's' throne was eye-catching with large spider legs curving around from the back, curling around the seat. It loomed out like a creepy ghoul and the armrests were styled like a double-headed snake.

The floors were mirrors and so was the roof. It looked like an endless fall from any angle and maximised the horror. Roman felt like he'd be pulled into the ground where ever he stepped.

Virgil, however, seemed completely at ease and sat on the throne, kicking his legs over one armrest and leaning his back against the other. "Heathers!" He yelled, making Patton and Roman jump.

"Yes?" The trio of imps appeared brightly.

"I need official parchment, a pen and something to seal it all with."

The Heathers were giggling as they summoned the instructed items. "Our Lord.~" They drawled mockingly.

Virgil took no notice and beckoned for his friends to join him. The Light Realm citizens walked over nervously.

"What do we write?" Virgil asked, ignoring the Heathers who were hovering around noisily.

"You really have no idea?" Asked Patton with slight surprise.

"Hey, being creative is, like, Roman's' job! My job is to be anxious twenty-four seven."

Eyes turned to Roman who jolted in the sudden attention. "Well we don't have any time to brainstorm, do we? Let me see, um..." He cleared his throat and started. "King Deceit and King Philip. This is Prince Roman and Prince Virgil demanding your presence in the Dark Realm Castle. We do not want a war, uh..." Roman hesitated.

"Instead, we want an alliance." Continued Virgil, meeting Roman's' eyes briefly before they glanced away from each other again. "These constant bursts of arguments put out people in a state of paranoia-"

"Unsure of where the next threat will come from?" Patton suggested.

Virgil nodded, still scribbling down the letter in surprisingly swirly handwriting. "We want you here to discuss possible peace, and we don't want the Light Realm to burn to the ground."

Roman started dictating again. "Over the past month, we have learnt so much about each other: how neither side should be treated as criminals or judged just because of a rift that happened years ago. We want peace. We need peace. We demand your presence now."

Patton smiled. "I'd say that's good enough! You two just need to sign it now!"

"Already done," Virgil mumbled and awkwardly passed the sheet to Roman, who silently added his signature.

Patton sighed, going full 'Dad-Mode'. "Okay, something happened when Logan and I were talking earlier. What happened?"

"Pat, it's nothing," Roman assured, handing the paper to Virgil who stiffly gave it to the Heathers and mumbled orders.

"It's definitely not  nothing! You two were as thick as thieves and now you're complete strangers again! What happened?"

Virgil snapped, "Okay, Okay! I'll tell you," As the Heathers vanished in giggles